+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ready for Raids, and Gemming/Enchanting Questions

Ready for Raids, and Gemming/Enchanting Questions

Thanks for all the feedback that I may receive.

Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../yannzi/simple

I plan on leading my new guild on raids in the next few weeks. I feel like I'm almost ready for raids, but I'm lacking a trinket and a couple of other 333 item level gear, so I'm wondering what gear I can grab fairly easily to help me boost up my gear level.

I also have a question in regards to the Gems/Enchanting questions, should I be worrying about how much hit/expertise I have? Is it vital for me to cap these stats off? I haven't ran a raid yet, so I'm not sure how well this would work in a raid setting. We are planning on trying either Omnitron Defense System or Magmaw, so will I have problems holding aggro during these fights with my low hit and expertise ratings?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Do not worry about hit/expertise. At all.

Just from memory, you can get the DPS 359 belt from rep at Hyjal(I think?) Have to be exalted. It's about the same as the elementium girdle.
    Get rid of the pyrium weapon chain, ench atleast mending if you can't afford windwalk. Socket a hybrid gem to get socket bonus on those bracers, get rid of the straight stam. Reforge the gun to an avoidance stat. You definitely need new trinkets. If you don't have anywhere near exalted at hellscream, spam Heroic throne of the tides and Heroic grim batol for the trinkets. Reforge second ring to an avoidance stat. Get the +50 mastery ench for hands. Reforge pants to an avoidance stat. That's all I can recommend after quickly glancing over it.

Use my armory for reference. I realize paladins and warriors need a few different stats, but it's generally the same thing.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lolipwn/simple
    Last edited by cptwafflez; 02-08-2011 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cptwafflez View Post
    Do not worry about hit/expertise. At all.

Just from memory, you can get the DPS 359 belt from rep at Hyjal(I think?) Have to be exalted. It's about the same as the elementium girdle.
    Get rid of the pyrium weapon chain, ench atleast mending if you can't afford windwalk. Socket a hybrid gem to get socket bonus on those bracers, get rid of the straight stam. Reforge the gun to an avoidance stat. You definitely need new trinkets. If you don't have anywhere near exalted at hellscream, spam Heroic throne of the tides and Heroic grim batol for the trinkets. Reforge second ring to an avoidance stat. Get the +50 mastery ench for hands. Reforge pants to an avoidance stat. That's all I can recommend after quickly glancing over it.

Use my armory for reference. I realize paladins and warriors need a few different stats, but it's generally the same thing.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lolipwn/simple
    Yeah I thought that I would need to gem/reforge for more expertise/hit, but as I read more, it's becoming more apparent that its not important anymore.

I do have that belt from Hyjal, so it's better for me if I would just reforge it? I'm a BS, so my wrists and gloves both have an extra slot for gems. I'm supposed to go hybrid for all gems? I might have to just spam those instances because I'm only friendly with Hellscream's Reach. I should be able to make the Elementium Earthguard soon with my BS, so I feel an upgrade there would be unnecessary, maybe I can somehow get ahold of one of those decks for that trinket, but I feel like my gear is pretty much ready besides getting rid of those hit/expertise reforgings/enchants.

Get as many pieces from heroics/rep as you can before you step into a raid. Just spam heroics for awhile, if nothing else it'll help you gain more situational awareness and make you a better tank.

All I can say is that with full 346, all crafted epics and all rep epics, our guild tanks still take significant damage in raids. When you say there are still some slots you could fill with 333...it doesn't sound like you're ready. I haven't armoried you so take that for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by sifuedition View Post
    All I can say is that with full 346, all crafted epics and all rep epics, our guild tanks still take significant damage in raids. When you say there are still some slots you could fill with 333...it doesn't sound like you're ready. I haven't armoried you so take that for what it's worth.
    Sorry, I didn't word that correctly. I only have 1 spot that I can fill with a 333 item, and that's my trinket.

Otherwise, I was trying to get rid of all of my 333 items. I'm having problems with trinkets and a gun/bow/crossbow.

Ah, I see. I have the same issue with my trinkets. I have seen Leaden Dispair fall at least 7 times....on alts, every time. Will NOT fall on my pally who now has to choose between Za'brok's Lucky Tooth (seems a little overbudget for a 318 green), heroic armor trink and heroic Throngus' Finger.

+ Reply to Thread