Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: H Maloriak Last Phase

H Maloriak Last Phase

We started our first pulls on Heroic Maloriak last night, made very solid progress however on our 5-6 attempts that we pushed into the last phase, we kept struggling with our tank getting knocked into the air from the flame jets, then hit while in the air and dying. Is this something we (as healers) need to get used to and make sure we keep him topped off? Or is there something that you can do to avoid getting thrown into the air?

Thanks!

- Also, this is a 10m.

I just put up a video last night that is extremely relevant to your request:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT_iJabOJBo

I am the tank for the last phase of the fight, so you can see exactly what I do. If played properly, your tank should never be knocked into the air and never be hit by the flame waves. Basically I just watch for when Maloriak's arm goes up. Once his arm goes up, he will not turn before casting the flame wave so you can safely move.

Also, worse case scenario, if your tank is knocked into the air, a Warrior Tank can Heroic Leap into a good position. Getting knocked up more than once will probably mean death though.
    Grymauch, Dwarf Warrior, From Chaos: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rymauch/simple

Excellent, thanks. Our tank is DK but he uses the Path of Frost Glyph so he takes almost no fall damage when he does hit the ground. This should get us our kill then.

What are your cooldown rotations for the red vial phases? What classes are your healers?

Also, how does your add tank deal with Maloriak getting buffed by the Abberations when he jumps backwards towards the door at the start of green phase?

Thanks.

what's retarded is maloriak also raises his hands when he casts other abilities and it can mess up with the red hand raise animation.

I find if I side step when He raises his hand in the air, If he follows me it isnt the flame jets and I can move back but if he stays facing the same way its flame jets and im already out of the way.

Getting knocked into the air is extremely easy to avoid as the main tank. You need to focus on him very closely to watch his hands. Yes, he raises his arms sometimes when he's not casting the flames but he doesn't keep them raised as long. Also, sometimes he waits several seconds in between casting the flames and sometimes he does them back to back. Never assume he will always pause for a bit between casts. If your tank is sharp, after 1-2 attempts he should almost never get knocked into the air. Just tell him to keep the boss still, facing whichever direction he wants to place the flames, and wait for him to keep his arms in the air and step slightly to the side. I hear people complaining about things like the green graphic from acid nova getting in the way and making it hard to see him, but honestly if you are paying very close attention to the boss it's damn near impossible to mess up. Tell him no excuses!

When I tank the final phase, i do almost no dps. I'm constantly moving out of melee range of Maloriak while kiting him and sidestepping his flames. Maybe he's too focused on doing dps while tanking and it's causing him to screw up. Here's a link to our first kill movie. It's a healer pov, but you can see how I move the boss pretty well. This was my second time ever tank the final phase, and I think I might have gotten knocked up once. Heroic leap saved me I think. :x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiO781xpHbs
    Last edited by Dragaan; 02-06-2011 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifer View Post
    I find if I side step when He raises his hand in the air, If he follows me it isnt the flame jets and I can move back but if he stays facing the same way its flame jets and im already out of the way.
    This is true, and that's another good way to tell. Just make sure you aren't too hasty to move when you see him raise his hand, because if it's not the jets you can end up aiming the jets somewhere you didn't really want them. Even if it's not a bad spot, you probably will end up with a gap in the kite path which is annoying. I think it's best to keep the flames as close together as you can.

maloriaks flame also seems to follow you a bit when we did it this week, when he raises his hand red and stands still, after 2 seconds he'll auto lock on your position then cast it 1 second after, you can no longer just side step and afk for 4 seconds.

Yeah what they all said. It's getting fixed in 4.0.6 as well -

• Maloriak's Magma Jets correctly have a cast time.

Quote Originally Posted by Odaeus View Post
    What are your cooldown rotations for the red vial phases? What classes are your healers?

Also, how does your add tank deal with Maloriak getting buffed by the Abberations when he jumps backwards towards the door at the start of green phase?

Thanks.
    We run Disc/Hpal/Rdruid, for the red vial, we have PW:S on everyone, PW:B the 2nd, and chain aura mastery + have bubbles up for the 3rd if we get it, we often only get 2 though. Also, we just kinda deal w/Maloriak getting buffed from the abberations, CD's + good healing.

I know this is slightly off topic but Im curious in the black vial phase do the pools only spawn on people or is it random?

I have seen videos with the raid in 25 man coming together to form 2 groups.

Ps anyone know anywhere where i can find good guide or a bit of information about the heroic mode encounters, is as one and many others havent yet been released on tankspot and I want to be prepared for this and other heroic mode encounters should I attempt it anytime soon.

During the black magic phase the pools spawn under people, they can spawn under anyone, including either tanks. It ticks for like 10-15kish I believe, so yeah, obviously moving out asap is important.

Thanks, its more I have watched videos and in the one that sticks to mind the raid formed 2 groups before spreading out a little again to deal with the adds.

I guessed that was why but there where puddles all over by the end so wasnt 100% sure.

I was wondering how most guilds are positioning their melee on the adds during the dark phase. It seems to be very tough to see the clouds with all the random aoes going on from both dps and healers now. We seem to be getting a ton of clouds on top of the melee and in some cases multiple clouds. This was either killing our melee or forcing them to run out of range just to survive.

For example did you have everyone stack on a single person and just moved the adds faster each time they spawned on the melee or did you have melee spread out a bit or is there something else you did to deal with this. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Price31 View Post
    I was wondering how most guilds are positioning their melee on the adds during the dark phase. It seems to be very tough to see the clouds with all the random aoes going on from both dps and healers now. We seem to be getting a ton of clouds on top of the melee and in some cases multiple clouds. This was either killing our melee or forcing them to run out of range just to survive.

For example did you have everyone stack on a single person and just moved the adds faster each time they spawned on the melee or did you have melee spread out a bit or is there something else you did to deal with this. Any help would be appreciated.
    What worked best for us was to have the Dark Swill tank start directly in front of Maloriak and then just make a circle. Absolutely no one is to be in front of the kite path at any time (this is important since they can and often will target the 1 person that stands in the kite path). You have a second or so to move from a puddle before it actually ticks on you (you will get a debuff before you take damage). If they aren't dead by the time you go around the room 1 time then your dps isn't where it needs to be.

Melee doesn't need to spread out. Tank simply needs to kite as needed and people need to not be in his path.

With Flame Jets now having a proper cast time there is no excuse for a tank to get hit by it. Very avoidable.
    'I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.'
    ---Ashleigh Brilliant

Are you sure the dark surge puddles target people? I always tought its a random location in a 20 yard-ish radious arround the add?

Quote Originally Posted by Urud View Post
    Are you sure the dark surge puddles target people? I always tought its a random location in a 20 yard-ish radious arround the add?
    Yes, they definitely target players.

We just killed this recently. Phase 2 was much easier than we thought.

http://www.youtube.com/user/durotannodonkeys

Checkout our video for reference on how we did it.