+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Novice tankadin LF halp

Quote Originally Posted by Katzazi View Post
    We are speaking about paladins here. as far as I know they have nothing that makes parry better than dodge. Warriors have. Warriors try to have parry a little bit higher because of that. But paladins don't have anything. So since both do the same and both have the same diminishing returns (as someone mentioned before) it's best to have them as close together as possible.
    That's why I said the RATING should be the same. In this tier, this ends up being ~1% higher parry than dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Katzazi View Post
    We are speaking about paladins here. as far as I know they have nothing that makes parry better than dodge. Warriors have. Warriors try to have parry a little bit higher because of that. But paladins don't have anything. So since both do the same and both have the same diminishing returns (as someone mentioned before) it's best to have them as close together as possible.

You will have more strenght on gear, so you get more strength than agi from kings. Strength adds some parry rating, Agi adds some dodge rating. Because of this you should always consider the values when buffed. So it's ok if parry is slightly below dodge.
    I have read that it is actually the opposite, namely that you gain more dodge from raid buffs than you gain parry, just due to the respective conversion factors of agility and strength, which is why the generic advice is for paladins to keep parry ~ 1% higher than dodge. However, when its all said and done, if your dodge and parry are within the ballpark of each other, you're talking about +/- a few tenths of a percent of avoidance lost to diminishing returns if you haven't done it completely optimally, so close enough is good enough.

I like to think my avoidances are quite all right now, except of the enchants and gems. And now I need to ask, should I get hit and expertise enchants and gems? I've noticed my survivability is much better now and healers don't need to heal me with their asses on fire. But now I have an aggro problem. It seems if I have to tank more than 3 elites it's gonna be impossible.
    (sorry for my bad grammar, I wrote this in a hurry)

Novice tankadin LF halp

I would not recommend it. I would not even look at my hit or expertise until the situation warrants it. I can only think of two situations:

1. You are the only interrupter available and it's critical. Like shadownova on halfus. This would be better fixed by getting a melée on him, but in 10 man, that might not be possible.
    2. You are losing threat AND you have done everything possible to fix your spec and rotation. This should not really be a consideration until maybe T13-ish.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

+ Reply to Thread