+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weapon enchant for prot warrior

Weapon enchant for prot warrior

Currently i put Mending for a "chance to heal".
    What could be other good options?

weapon chain if you need hit cap to interrupt, mending if you have a low ilvl wep, windwalk if you have a 359/372 wep.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Same 'ol Titanium Weapon Chain or there is some brand new "Elementium Weapon Chain" ?

Oh, thanks!
    Pyrium means expensive...
    i have to look up AH to see or bug some of guildie BSers maybe...

what about "blade ward"? is it a good option? I have "soul blade" but windwalk is to expensiv.

I experimented with Blade Warding for a day or two when I had a bag full of blue 346 tank weapons and I was not impressed by the amount of times it would proc when I would look back through recount. I mostly use Mending as my "cheap" enchant on Soul Blade but I do have Elemental Slayer on one of my 346 blue weapons. It procs very often and is fun to use when running a heroic that has a lot of elemental type mobs and I can usually find it in the AH for +/- 2g.

Re: Weapon enchant for prot warrior

I used Mending (and still have it on my Soulblade) until my Guild gave me a Windwalk scroll for my mace. Maelstrom crystals are 3500~4K apiece on my server, so almost nobody has any of the top enchants. We're actually looking forward to the new instance in 4.1 just so we can DE the 353 stuff.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I agree Windwalk is indeed very expensive but really there is no better enchant out there in my opinion. Mine is probably up 75% of the time which is very nice. Also for paladins with point in Pursuit of Justice the speed buff stacks on top of this giving us a nice speed boos.

Before that I was use Mending which isn't great to be perfectly honest but a good budget that is worth putting on any tank weapon until you have the Maelstrom crystals for Windwalk, maybe have the disenchanted stuff from your raids pay for this.

I'm curious what kind of numbers you guys have seen from your Mending enchants. Because looking at Recount and WoL, it looks extremely trivial to me, but maybe I'm not looking at the right fights or something.

I'm probably just going to use a Weapon Chain when I get my Pally up to 85. I sincerely doubt that the tiny trickle of incoming heals will make a difference for a fresh 85, whereas the hit might help with aggro (or just beating up the mobs quicker).

Mending usually heals for about as much as blood craze, which is not a ton. It's better than wrath enchants, that's about all I can say for it. If you need hit, get the weapon chain. If you can't afford windwalk, use mending.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Scotteq View Post
    We're actually looking forward to the new instance in 4.1 just so we can DE the 353 stuff.
    MMO-Champ was claiming a few days ago that the new 5-man epics in 4.1 are currently flagged as non-disenchantable. I really hope they're wrong!

Wouldn't be surprised...the value of Maelstrom will drop tremendously otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwish238 View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised...the value of Maelstrom will drop tremendously otherwise.
    That's not a bad thing, isn't it? That addon is out for quite a while now and improving the dps of any random guy in your pug with giving away landslide/power torrent for "free" is a nice start. Spending five-figures on every weapon upgrade isn't something Joe Average could afford.

Quote Originally Posted by Belak View Post
    MMO-Champ was claiming a few days ago that the new 5-man epics in 4.1 are currently flagged as non-disenchantable. I really hope they're wrong!
    UPDATE - Looks like I may have spoken too soon.

Folks from the PTR are saying that they definitely CAN shard ZA/ZG epics.

In addition, they're also claiming that there is a new queue category for "Zandalari Heroic Dungeon". It's possible this is PTR only, but if not, you could chain queue for those, not run into the 1-per-day heroic lock, and farm maelstroms with a good group.

Maybe my Windwalk enchant isn't so far away after all!

I would assume that is PTR only to test the dungeons out. Somehow I don't think blizz is ready to repeat what they did in Wrath again quite yet.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

You mean making void crystals easy to get?
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

+ Reply to Thread