+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pauldrons of the Great Ettin vs Heaving Plates of Protection

Pauldrons of the Great Ettin vs Heaving Plates of Protection

I've been looking at upgrades from the Heaving Plates of Protection as we move into heroic raiding content and I keep looking at the Pauldrons of the Great Ettin from Heroic Halfus. Tell me if I'm not too far off base here.

WoWHead comparison

Afterfully enchanting, gemming (+40 Mastery in the Ettin pauldrons) and reforging from crit to parry the Ettin pauldrons have
    19 Sta
    13 Str
    12 Mastery (0.07)
    99 Armor
    115 Crit (0.64%)
    and I'm losing 53 parry. It seems like a decent trade off to me, or am I just being silly here?

My armory

If your melee dps don't need them, why not? That 50 parry rating won't make any discernable difference in my opinion (don't forget to add 0.25 parry rating per point of strength), maybe use a 30 stam/20 mastery gem to get another 2.5 parry rating from the socket bonus? The extra stamina definitely won't hurt you.

Hmmm. I think it's a net loss to go to the ettins, but not a big one.

13 str is 3.25 parry rating. You gain that, and 12 mastery rating, for a total of 15.25 avoidance/block ratings, and a loss of 53 parry, for a net loss of 37.75 rating in avoidance/block type stats. For this, you gain 99 armor, around 300 HP, and .64% crit. I don't think it would be worth it to me, but it's really not that big a deal either way.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

+ Reply to Thread