+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Issue here and don't know what to do...

Issue here and don't know what to do...

I've been in my guild since mid-wrath and I love the guild and people in in, the ones on vent all the time at least. Well, I've been sitting here for almost a month now waiting for them to gear up and get back to raiding and it's just not happening. I try and get them in heroics whenever they want to go to help em gear up, etc, but even that's pulling teeth to get through it.

I don't level other alts because it's just not fun to me. I don't pvp because it's not fun. I raid because I love it and the guild just won't do nothing about it. How should I leave without giving myself a bad rep with the guild that's helped me learn things, etc. And is it hard for a tank to find a good, solid raiding guild at this point in Cataclysm?

I mean, we were only ICC10 12/12, ICC25 9/12 a few months before cataclysm came out, so we're not that progressed. And I wanted to make it my goal for this expansion to see heroic raiding and actually get somewhere in heroic raiding.

What should I do, advice please? I just don't know what to do since I know the people, like the people in the guild, etc.

Re: Issue here and don't know what to do...

Nobody can be justified in blaming you if you express your needs aren't being met. Ask if getting to a point where the guild can raid is a priority. If they say no, how can they be mad if you find a guild where it is? If they do get mad, oh well.

My guild is a bit slow on the progression too. Our old main tank just bailed for a serious raiding guild, but nobody got mad. Now I'm main tank, as pre-raid geared as I can get, and it's getting boring running my guildmates through heroics to gear them up. Some of them spend more time leveling alts than progressing their mains.

If things don't pick up soon, I'm going to leave gracefully. You shouldn't be afraid to do the same if it is what's right for you. Good luck!

There's a meeting tomorrow about all of it so I'm gonna see what they say about raiding, etc. But that sounds like my guild. People more concerned with leveling alts then gearing their main toon with the exception of one guy who has like 500k gold -_-. He's got 3 85 toons already (holy pally, resto druid, mage) who he's spent probably 80k+ on each one to get them raid ready as soon as he hit 85 just about lol. Now if people did that to their alts it'd be no problem lol.

Some people just find more enjoyment out of different stuff. For awhile after I hit 85 I was good at doing my dailies, finding time to do heroics. But once school started up again... that just seemed like so much *work* and after I come home from being at school 10 am to 9 pm, I just want to play around levelling my warrior alt through Northrend and poke at my professions a little. I've managed to find time to do a decent number of heroics but... I really need to do more dailies (for me dailies are more like 'weeklies'!) But I just don't have that much playtime. I spend more time READING about WoW while in class/at work than I do PLAYING WoW.

People's priorities change. Sometimes what people need out of WoW changes; where they used to want a place to focus their excess energy (because it's hard to reach the upper limit of possible time spent reading about raiding, your class mechanics/strats/whatever, theorycrafting etc) now they just want a place to login, chat with some friends, and wandering around a virtual world for an hour or two every night picking flowers.

Sometimes I fish while I watch TV instead of doing my dailies like I should--because it's more relaxing and that's what I need. But it also allows me to bring the best food available for me to raids, so it does serve an actual purpose.

And while it's good to be understanding of what your guildies want/need/crave/expect from WoW... it's good to recognize what YOU need, and if that's intense, focused gameplay time (as opposed to relaxed la-la-la time) and your guild doesn't feel the same way... moving on is hard to do but sometimes necessary

Well if I do leave I'm either going to have to name change or server transfer just to keep away from the drama from leaving.

If they truly are ingame friends they should understand if you simply say "Sorry guys, but I really want to raid so I am going to join [insert raid guild name here]."

If the people in the guild like you, they shouldn't be accusing you of being a "traitor" and forcing you to rename or even server transfer. If they do, they will forget about it in two days anyway.

either you step up to the plate and motivate/start raids by assembling/leading your guild members... of course, with the consent of your guild officers, or you have to move on...

and finding raiding these days have gotten a bit harder than WoTLK because even the bigger and most stable raiding guilds have gone casual due to being burned out or have broken into clicks of 10 best buddies... and a guild of 100+ may be stuck if they're not in that "inner circle"

as per my experience...

H.Pally
    Ranged DPS
    Tanks
    Healers
    Boomkins
    DPS Warriors

from easiest to hardest to find raid spots...
    monkey see... monkey do...

+ Reply to Thread