+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot pally and hit

Prot pally and hit

Hello everyone, long time listener first time poster here!

Recently got my paladin to 85 and she is all geared out and has been roflstomping heroics.

I've also been swapping and experimenting with gear. As of now I have about 48% block and 12% parry/dodge. However, I am missing a whole bunch of hit. 7.5% to be exact.

I only notice aggro loss so far when grouped with higher gear score groups and face rolling heroics. ( no CC, just tank n spank mobs wrath style)

My question is, should I be concerned with avoiding so much hit? If so what am I doing wrong?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nyboots/simple

Thanks for your time.

Shiny

EDIT: Also when a mob parrys or dodges, is their auto attack still rest? if so Should i just be concerned about expertise only and tell dps to learn to wait for threat control?
    Last edited by Tmf; 02-03-2011 at 10:04 PM.

moved to HALP!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

You are right - hit is not needed. So at the moment it's recommended to reforge as much hit and expertise as possible into avoidance/mastery.

Swingtimers do not reset anymore on parry (or dodge).

thank you for moving this into appropriate thread!

I'm sitting just on the min cap for dodge expertise. SO I should just disregard expertise all together and just focus on avoidance/mitigation?

I'm just concerned since i recently joined a raiding guild that people who outgear me may get better snap aggro than me if i lose too much avoidance and not have enough hit.

What is more important: Snap aggro or being easily to heal and survive well?

Expertise (as hit) only helps you for a few seconds. Survival stats help you through the whole encounter. Sure, if you outgear the content, it's ok to go for hit/expertise but for actual content it should not be relevant. (At least as long as you don't have problems to beat some enrage mechanic or something, but that would be just special encounters and maybe it's a better idea to let your DD think about what they are doing wrong, anyway.)

Sure, with low expertise and hit, you will not always have the snap aggro right from the beginning, because you can miss the first attack. But taunt does not miss anymore. So you have something to get the attention of the mob back. And most of your attacks will connect.

Many people posting here have hit lower then 3% and expertise much lower than 5.

That's speaking as a warrior. We have more or less the same mechanics as paladins, but are dependant much more on getting early hits on our opponent, because we don't start with a full resource bar and 3HP.

If we need to be hit capped (for interrupting) we can just eat hit food or drink a hit elexier.

+ Reply to Thread