I've been hear a lot of talk about big changes in how Fury Warriors should gear in 4.0.6. Something about dumping hit and stacking mastery? But I can't seem to find good explanations of why. Based on the patch notes, I can't figure it out either. Can somebody please help me understand (or point me to where I can get a good explanation)?
Here's the patch notes that I thought were relevant:
- Cleave damage has been reduced by 20%.
- Heroic Strike damage has been reduced by 20%.
- Inner Rage has been redesigned. It now reduces the cooldown on Heroic Strike and Cleave by 50% (to 1.5 second) for the next 15 seconds. 1-minute cooldown. It still cannot be used during Deadly Calm. This ability was originally designed to help warriors with rage capping, but the Heroic Strike and rage normalization changes seem to have solved that problem on their own. This new design will still allow warriors to burn off excess rage faster, at their discretion.
- Slam weapon damage percent (at level 80+) has been increased from 125% to 145%.
- War Academy no longer buffs Heroic Strike or Cleave. It now buffs Mortal Strike, Raging Blow, Devastate, Victory Rush and Slam.
- In addition to its current effects, Bloodsurge now also causes the next Slam to deal 20% more damage.
- Bloodthirst damage has been increased by approximately 30%.
- Raging Blow weapon damage percent (at level 80+) has been increased from 110% to 120%.
- Single-Minded Fury bonus has been increased to 20%, up from 15%.
- Unshackled Fury (Mastery) now grants 5.6% benefit per mastery point, up from 4.7%.
So the new theory is that 8% hit to make sure our specials can't miss is all we'll need and the loss of white damage / rage generation won't be a problem?
Does this also mean we'll ignore Incite?
will probably need more than 8% just to make sure you can keep your rotation going. you will still use heroic strike as a rage dump but it just won't be as good as it is now. incite will probably still be in the standard fury build because there isn't anything else to take and since you will still be using heroic strike on occasion a free heroic strike won't hurt.
So is Mastery > Crit?