+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tank interrupts, hit or expertise or both?

Tank interrupts, hit or expertise or both?

Hello Tankspot,

Starting next week I will be in a 10 man guild where I will be one of the primary interrupts. I was wondering if hit or expertise(or both) is the stat to stack. I heard a rumor somewhere that mobs don't parry/dodge while casting, is this true?

Also, I tried reforging for hit/expertise but I found my survivability stats absolutely tanked. With all my blue sockets filled with +40 hit, I am still finding myself at about 5% hit and 16 or so expertise. It seems that getting both hit and expertise is quite difficult. :|

HALP! I need advice

You need hit to decrease the chance of an interrupt to miss.
    You need expertise to decrease the chance of a regular style to be dodged/parried.

Interrupt duty for what? Everything? 8% Only Nef phase 2? 5%

I went for a hit trinket, hit food and bought hyjal belt and ramkahen bracer a second time and gemmed/enchanted them just for the interrupt job. Wouldn't bother to ruin my maingear if necessary.

My understanding is that interrupts are ONLY effected by +Hit. So Expertise would not help there.

However, the general consensus seems to be that in the current tier of raiding, tanks should be stacking survival stats, not threat stats. Vengeance is currently so OP that after the first few seconds of a fight, you should not have any threat problems. As a result, dps classes (who should have capped hit) are a much better choice for interrupts that MUST happen. You should definitely try to interrupt as well, but don't be surprised if you miss sometimes.

That said, if no other interrupter is available, you may need to be it. So just make sure your leadership understands that you can stack hit if they need you to, but you'll be sacrificing survivability to do it.

EDIT: Scooped by Klausi. What he said.

I'm not sure about all interupt types, but I do know that a rogue's kick can be Parried. <--(Edit: It appears I miss-read the logs and this is most likely wrong. The kick did not occur durring a cast)
    An example of that happening on one of our Maloriak attempts:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...l%3D%22Kick%22

Edited for possible bad info.
    Last edited by Deathsvalor; 02-02-2011 at 06:56 AM.
    -My DK is a Healer

Quote Originally Posted by klausi View Post
    You need hit to decrease the chance of an interrupt to miss.
    You need expertise to decrease the chance of a regular style to be dodged/parried.
    Thanks Klausi(and everyone else).

I will be interrupting for anything and everything, so 8% is what I should aim for.

Thanks Tankspot

Appearently I need to pay closer attention to the searches I do on WoL. It looks like he kicked while no spell was being cast on that one, which explains the parry. lol
    -My DK is a Healer

I bring hit food and elixirs with me and it brings down the ammount you need on gear. I then just have a couple pieces i swap to make up the differece.

When a creature or player is casting, it cannot dodge,parry or block

Thus the interrupter only needs to land the hit (i.e. not miss). Hence only hit rating is needed.

+ Reply to Thread