+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pally Tank looking for some insight

Pally Tank looking for some insight

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...bledorf/simple

I'm not having any issues tanking at the moment, but I am always looking to better myself and my character. Can anyone review my character and let me know if there is anything i can do to optimize my pimpadin.

I don't play paladin as a main, but I can see gearing issues anyway:

1. Get rid of all this expertise (and hit).
    You don't need it. It does not do anything survival vise for you and Vengeance does all you need for your threat/dmg. It's much more important to save healer mana by getting as much mastery and avoidance as possible.

- Reforge the expertise instead of parry on you chest to mastery instead.
    - Reforge hit on your shield to parry or dodge (whatever is lower).
    - Regem gloves from expertise/dodge to parry/mastery.
    - Reenchant wrists.
    (Not reforging the hit to mastery on your legs and 1. ring is probably ok, because hit was so much lower than the avoidance. However, theoretically it depends on your total ratings which would be better, but the difference will be low, anyway.)

2. Gemming
    You have very inconsistend gemming. One should decide to use full or mixed gems. One should decide to go mastery or stamina. You all mix it up and even use a expertise/dodge gem, which is nothing of the above. There are 4 possible ground ideas of geming:
    - focus on mastery with activating socket bonuses (blue: stam/mastery, yellow: mastery, red: parry/mastery)
    - focus on stamina with activating socket bonuses (blue: sta, yellow: stam/mastery, red: parry/stam)
    - full mastery (and only using mixed gems to activate the meta)
    - full stamina (and using have stamina gems to activate a meta that needs other colors)
    I would recomment one of the mastery ones. I myself think that socket bonusses are worth it, because you get just additional ratings in most cases. Since ratings can be reforged in other places to the ones you would prefere, it's just a nice bonus.

3. Enchants:
    Reenchant your wrists and put an enchant on your gloves (one of them ist mastery).

Katzazi already mentioned a lot. You've almost 1000 offensive rating (hit/exp) that could be used for more defensive stats.

55 stamina chest.

What's with the specc?
    - Seals of Pure is pretty weak, get 3/3 Rule of Law instead.
    - You picked up Hallowed Ground, why? I'd recommend Reckoning.
    - I skipped one point into Grand Crusader to pick up 2/2 Pursuit of Justice. 15% runspeed is pretty decent, imho.
    - Glyph of Judgement? Glyph of SotR is way more impressive.

And if you're looking for raids in the near future, pick up the WoG/Insight major glyphs.

Re: Pally Tank looking for some insight

Most socket bonuses are so meh that I, personally, stack mastery in all except what I need to activate the metagem.

Well he IS geming to get the stamina bonus. So well...

Thank you very much for the replies. I will take a second look at my character and see what i can do to follow all of your advice. I was using the expertise gem to get my expertise to 28 (with glyph). My hit was a little low too so i kept the hit up.

I'm not exactly a 'pro' by any stretch of the imagination, but I do try to keep up on my homework. The general guideline is to never ever gem/reforge into expertise and hit, assuming you have no threat problems BECAUSE of the lack of hit or expertise. If it's an every once in awhile thing, that's why you have taunts. Use them.

+ Reply to Thread