Thread: Healing Nefarian 10m

Healing Nefarian 10m

Currently we are having problems getting out of P1 Nefarian without 4 healing it. (Yes seriously ;-.

Our raid composition is: 2 Holy Paladins, 1 Holy Priest, 2 Warrior Tanks, Boomkin, Destro Lock, Ele/Resto Shaman, Survival Hunter, and a Fury Warrior.

We are currently having the boomkin kite adds, with others helping to CC if needed. Between B+S and lifegrip as well as AoE fears from myself and the fury Warrior, it's been manageable. It's been rough and he does take a lot of dmg but our current comp doesn't have any mages or DKs.

When trying to 3 heal it, we have 1 holy paladin assigned to each tank with their beacon on the other's and me (holy priest) on the raid. I help out on the Nef tank except to take care of the kiting boomkin or crackle. However, the Hpally can't keep up the Ony tank alone (esp. during Crackle) and says he will be OOM by the middle of P2 if left to heal the Ony tank alone.

When we are four healing it, everything is fine. The resto-shaman is also assigned to the Ony tank, and that was rather succesful. However, we are concerned about not having the DPS to actually finish the encounter. We were getting to 79% as Onyxia dies, and haven't yet made it out of P2 due to interrupts missing. (We only have 3 interrupters, and the 2 tanks weren't hit-capped at the time. They will be at 5% hit next week.)

If anyone has a few minutes to take a look at our logs and give us any advice or tips (especially for the healers) that would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ylinafkskdisgcrh/

Thanks,
    Live

I believe you are wasting DPS by allowing your boomkin to kite. My guild CCs all of them at the start (no kiting). We manage 3 crackles in P1 (ony dies just before the 3rd).

In P3, we have our holy paladin RF heal to aggro all adds and our pally tank picks up all of them off him.

No kiting means more DPS and there's no need to heal your Boomkin.
    Nefarian - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuYQUBHCacc
    Cho'gall - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJdZxipzeao

Live and I watched your video (the one in your sig), and we had some issues seeing the CC that goes out/how you handle it. Do you assign each CC person to a specific add as it comes out, or do you have people CC adds that approach them? We would love to 3 heal and get the boomkin DPSing again but we are unsure of how to handle CC in an organized manner - any help would be appreciated.
    Warrior Tank + Fury DPS, lover of Priests

I'm sorry the vid was a Prot Warrior POV but I can explain it.

Basically we have 1 person calling out each add and marking it. We have hunter, priest (2x) and an emergency holy pally CC if needed.
    They are CCed the moment they pop. Hunter can handle 2. Fears are rotated. Roots are for emergency. On days we do not have a hunter we use a warlock. So it's plenty of fear rotations.
    If the CC is not carried out properly our druid healer dies because he is healing me and he has no aggro dump. He has nature grasp on.

Healing setup is as follows: Resto Druid on Ony tank, Holy pally on Nef Tank, Priest on raid. In P2 our Shadow Priest off heals as well. The SP and holy priest work out their hymns as well. We have huge difficulty with Nef without our SP playing that 'dual role'
    Last edited by junialum; 02-01-2011 at 07:04 AM. Reason: CC edit

Ok, thanks a lot. We had tried people marking their own and CCing and it was a disaster but we will try having one person be the one who marks/calls out CC targets and hopefully that will help a ton.

Do you know off the top of your head if your Holy Pally is having mana issues and how the resto druid assigned to Ony is dealing w/ the tail swipe? Sorry for all the questions and if you don't know it's ok, I just figured while we have your attention we'd get the questions out there, haha.

Np, it's good to help.

The holy pally manages his mana fine but I don't know how frankly. The hymn rotation may have aided him. To be frank, the pally was least concerned about mana. Only our priests were complaining about mana.

Druid used very conservative heals on me (you can see the inc heals from the vid), mainly HoTs. I rotated CDs in P1 as well.
    Tail swipe gets him so our priest watches him. Basically, we try to avoid a crackle + tail swipe because that would probably mean the druid's death. If that happens he gets away and I pop last stand and enrage regen (self heal).

P1's first 10% is most intensive because you get CC that may break (and hit the same druid), tail swipes and crackles. Plus nef lands half way as well. Once past the 10% and the adds die, it's a lot easier. Your tanks might want to use CDs early esp in my case (Ony tank P1 and nef tank P3)

ah ok got it, thanks a lot for the information. We'll talk about it tonight and try to implement the things you mentioned into our strategy.

Thanks again for all the time and the responses!

Yeah we CC as well.

Holy Priest shackles one
    Resto Druid roots one (me)
    Lock fears one (w/ glyph so he doesn't run into a breath)
    Paladin Stuns/Fears one
    Hunter Traps one

In our group, the holy pally is also the one who is worst on mana coming into phase 3. We have to give him some help with DPS with good CDs in p2 so he comes out well. Also if I may make a suggestion for your interrupts in p2, this is what we did with ours. We had a shaman on 1 platform interrupting (enhance, but ele works as well since you'll be going back to 3 heals), rogue on another (your fury warrior here) and we put both tanks on the last platform, both always interrupting. The tanks aren't hit capped, but it would take some terrible luck to screw us over if both tank interrupts missed. Our warrior tank also goes into Battle stance to Pummel instead of Shield Bashing for the shorter CD.

Also be sure anyone that can pops their damage reduction CDs for crackles as often as possible. Tanks need to CD every one possible. Your paladins can Divine Protection (save bubble + Hand of Sac for p2 crackles), druid barkskin, lock nether protection, Shaman use glyph of ele mastery. Prob should even get your fury warrior to Def stance +shield wall the p2 one.

I recommend the CC method also. We just call them out as it's happening by saying something like "I'll get the third one". Hunter can get two, boomkin roots one, discipline priest shackles one, and shadow priest can shackle one. If one gets loose for some reason then one of the range can kite it around for the last few seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkYLAMmPSa0

here's our video for reference on how we do it.

We 3 heal it with paladin, shaman, and priest. Priest (who does the raid healing) is assigned to one of the CC's because there is no raid damage besides electrocute. Once CC's are in place, then we push the electrocutes.