Thread: Problems Phase 2 Chimaeron 10 man

Problems Phase 2 Chimaeron 10 man

Allright we have no issues getting him to Phase 2 but then it all seems so RNG to me.In all the movies of Kills ive seen and a lot of the logs they basicly make it cause the tanks dodge like 2+ attacks of the boss.This seems so RNG to me. Our feral tank has 40% dodge yet cause of bad luck he only seems to be able to dodge 1 attack. Next Boss attack reduces him to 1% when the Nefarian dot finishes him off. Then the raid loses a player every 5 seconds (since he hits every 5 seconds). This reduces our active dps time by too much making us wipe consistenly at around 3-5% of his health. BTW we dont have a mage for mirror images or hunter with pet in the raid to take a hit. Also most of our CD's are used on the previous phases for double hits etc. We have 2 holy priests but Guardian spirit is quite useless since the healing part doenst go off and people get killed by the tick anyway.Any pointers? Kiting the boss seems useless since he only hits every 5 seconds so its wasted time that could be spend nuking.

You should have mentioned you're talking about heroic mode

He shouldn't hit someone every 5 seconds, doesn't your next highest aggro target run away to the other side of the room? This gives us at least 8-10 seconds between each hit. And shield the people if you've a priest. You also might want to use disc instead of holy due to his awesome shield, gives you more time until you die from the dot regulary.

Yell on vent who is next on aggro and get players to hit diagonal corners of the room. This should maximize your survivability in P2. Else you can have all your range dps to be at max range in P2 spread around the room.
    Nefarian - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuYQUBHCacc
    Cho'gall - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJdZxipzeao

Yeh sorry its heroic , cant change the title apparently?

Anyway, I dont know if you guys are doin it on 25 man? Since on 10 man the room is smaller and in phase 2 he gets a 150% speed increase. So its not really taking him a really long time tbh. Hmm if he hits more often then 5 seconds it may be worth it.

Aside from that I thought we might have to save some tank CD's and have them in opposite positions, pala bubbling then him moving to feral then pala removing bubble him moving back then moving to feral whos popping CDs etc.

Should buy us the extra 15 seconds of dps time we need...

I HOPE

The room is smaller? Haha, room is always the same for 10s & 25s.

150% speed increase? Then you're hitting the 8 minutes berserk timer, during mortality he isn't any faster. And that's the reason you're dying quickly, it's not only a movement speed increase it's an attackspeed increase as well (hitting every ~3s instead of 5s).

Have your ranged spread around the 4 corners. That plus a paladin with LoH and Bubble should help you.