+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot pally, looking for feedback.

Prot pally, looking for feedback.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lolipwn/simple

Looking for critiques, on anything really.

Also, thinking of replacing the porcelain crab with the king of boar's trinket, for the mastery, input on that? Don't really want to lose 400+ stam, can't see that balancing out for a few percentage points of mastery, but willing and open to advice.

Thanks!

Talents: Hallowed Ground is a bad talent for a 2 talent point investment. I see from your achievements that you've not downed any raid bosses but Argaloth, so if you're still running a lot of heroics then Hallowed Ground is marginally less bad, but Pursuit of Justice is probably a much better point investment (particularly for raid content).
    Seals of the Pure over Eternal Glory - for raiding, I'd take Eternal Glory any day of the week, because you'll be spending a fair bit of time using Seal of Insight, and Seals of the Pure is a threat talent in a raiding environment in which threat is trivialised by Vengeance and doing your rotation correctly. Your second spec is making some odd compromises to pick up Eternal Glory while keeping Seals of the Pure, notably losing Divine Guardian, which is arguably the single best raid-wide damage reduction cooldown in the game.

Reforging: looks good, and internally consistent.

Gemming: inconsistent. I personally think you're over-valuing stamina, but either way you aren't approaching your gemming in an internally consistent way (pure mastery gems in some slots, pure stamina gems in others, hybrid mastery/stamina gems elsewhere).

Re: Prot pally, looking for feedback.

Imo you want Porcelain Crab for the proc. Crab and Throngus' Finger are my two favorites.

How often would you say the +1 HP proc of Pursuit is viable, though. I can fully understand the 15% speed increase, but how often would that hp come into effect?

And should there be more hybrid mastery/stam gems in your opinion? The main reason I have the 3 101stam gems is for the meta activation.
    Last edited by cptwafflez; 02-01-2011 at 09:47 AM.

You don't need to have complete blue gems for activating a meta. green or violett do it, too.

Re: Prot pally, looking for feedback.

IMO you really want PoJ for the speed increase. I use two points so it procs on every stun for me. Having an extra HP after a stun means you only need at most two CS/HotR to heal thru whatever damage you took while stunned. With 30k crits on WoG, it can be a lifesaver and at worst you're saving some healer mana.

So, for the Straight blue sockets, maintankadin gemming advice says to just use straight stam, yellow straight mastery, and otherwise hybrid on any other color. Is that the main jist of what you're trying to get me to learn as far as the most effective way to gem?

Hi everyone, first time posting here. I saw this thread and i thought you guys might help me out as well.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...emar/zebpally/

This is me zebpally on Dath'Remar US server. I was just wondering if you guys be kind enough to give me some feedback & what would you think would be the best raid progression for me. Like where to go from here.

I am using dps pants right now, simply because of mastery. As the ilvl346 pants from jp dont really give Mastery. Would you guys suggest me using the jp ones and don't worry to much on stacking mastery.

Regemmed today with more hybrid gems, dropped about 5-6k health as i replaced the earthen guardian trinket with heroic thro's finger. Mastery went up a few percentage points and I MT'd BOT and seemed to work out fine. I am still hesitant to switch out my 101stam jc gems for the 67 mastery ones since I have already lost tons of stam, would losing that much more just be overkill?

What do you need those stam for? IT will not save you from another hit, since the difference is to small for that. But mastery will help your healers more and just save you from getting dmg over the whole fight. (Stamina only helps you once every time you get healed up to full. That does not happen quite often at the moment...

Hmmk, so i'll switched the JC gems to mastery then. Healers still laugh at people for having low health, lol.

Here is my character also.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cfall/advanced
    It seems like there are already so many threads about Prot Pallys I would hate to crowd the message boards.

+ Reply to Thread