+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cardboard assassin tinker

Cardboard assassin tinker

Figured I'd let everyone know that hasn't experienced the joy that is cardboard assassin... it could quite possibly be the most overpowered enchant in the game at the moment for avoiding damage.

It works on all tauntable bosses and will often times eat 2-3 swings from the boss before it dies. I'm sure someday soon it will get nerfed... but in the meantime all engineers (tanking or not) should have this enchant on their belt and use it proactively. The amount of damage your tank can avoid because of it HUGELY outweighs the amount of damage plasma shield will negate.

Chimaeron.
    Also worth noting that it is the only belt-tinker that does not have a backfire

I have used it with a lot of success on HM Halfus in third phase before the shout.

Unfortunately the tinker doesn't seem to work anymore, at least Chimaeron wasn't interested in beating up those cardboard guys at all lately. We were doing him a few nights ago and tried it multiple times.
    Has anyone else experienced this yet? Either it was some case of bad luck, or Blizzard disabled the functionality on specific if not all encounters.

yea i tried on chimaeron last night and it didn't work me me aswell. Its the first time ive dropped it since the start of the week so maybe it was hot fixed.

When did you drop it? Chimeron is non tauntable in the burn phase.
    www.blessthemartyrguild.com

I dropped it a couple times last night with 0 success as well. I know sometimes it doesn't work, but it could be possible they snuck in a hotfix for this already without telling anyone. I'll have to try it again next time I raid.

I've also heard that it won't work if you cast it while the boss is casting massacre. But then, that could be a lie - one hears a lot of things.

+ Reply to Thread