+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Bear Trinkets?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4

    Bear Trinkets?

    I'm looking for advice on Bear Trinkets Pre-Raid and then BiS in Raids.

  2. #2
    Tia's + Leaden pre-raid.

    Tia's + Fluid Death normal-mode.

    Fluid Death + Essence Heroic.

    Swap others in and out as necesarry.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4
    Would Grace of Herald be an okay replacement for Tia's?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by MizuNami View Post
    Would Grace of Herald be an okay replacement for Tia's?
    I don't have any numbers to back this up, but I don't think so. I've been tossing the exact same question around for a few days now, and the best explanation I can come up with is this: Tia's gives you a near-constant 340agi + 285 mastery (which you can reforge to dodge), while Grace gives a constant boost to agi with an occasional 10% boost to crit. While the crit boost from Grace would generate more SD procs (and therefor mitigation) while active, the fact that it's entirely dependent upon a random proc really hurts its viability (and reliability) because once you account for the proc rate you have to realize that it probably only gives an overall boost of ~1-2% crit. At best it would be a sidegrade, but I suspect a spreadsheet would show it as an overall downgrade.

    Another question I've been wondering about re: trinkets, though, is the viability of the Lifebound Alchemist stone compared to Leaden Despair. With the stone's socket the stam bonus from the two is about even, so the difference really comes down to the occasional armor boost from leaden vs. the alchemist stone's mastery and boost to potions. Anyone have thoughts on these two?

  5. #5
    If you don't actually HAVE Tia's, then sure.

    If you do, then no.

    Another question I've been wondering about re: trinkets, though, is the viability of the Lifebound Alchemist stone compared to Leaden Despair. With the stone's socket the stam bonus from the two is about even, so the difference really comes down to the occasional armor boost from leaden vs. the alchemist stone's mastery and boost to potions. Anyone have thoughts on these two?
    Yeah it can work. It is however inferior to Fluid Death (which everyone should have by now).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarn View Post
    Yeah it can work. It is however inferior to Fluid Death (which everyone should have by now).
    i have to say this is wrong :-p ..im part of a guild who doesn't raid new content yet ..and proably wont, i cant pug and etc etc...

    but on topic..thanks for the advice..ill make sure to pick up tia's grace asap

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by MizuNami View Post
    i have to say this is wrong :-p ..im part of a guild who doesn't raid new content yet ..and proably wont, i cant pug and etc etc...

    but on topic..thanks for the advice..ill make sure to pick up tia's grace asap
    It's only 1650 points, which is just over 3 weeks worth of Heroics.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    136
    fluid-death http://www.wowhead.com/item=58181 is inferior to bedrock talisman http://www.wowhead.com/item=58182

    if bedrock procs on cooldown, it's about 20% better than fluid death in terms of dmg reduction (even after accounting for dodge reforge on fluid death)
    Realistically, it should proc about every 40-45 secs, which puts it roughly on par with fluid death. HOWEVER, the fact that the proc happens when you MOST need it, it becomes more valuable, thus pulling marginally ahead overall from fluid death.

    That said, my next purchase will be fluid deth, since I already have bedrock

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberton View Post
    fluid-death http://www.wowhead.com/item=58181 is inferior to bedrock talisman http://www.wowhead.com/item=58182

    if bedrock procs on cooldown, it's about 20% better than fluid death in terms of dmg reduction (even after accounting for dodge reforge on fluid death)
    Realistically, it should proc about every 40-45 secs, which puts it roughly on par with fluid death. HOWEVER, the fact that the proc happens when you MOST need it, it becomes more valuable, thus pulling marginally ahead overall from fluid death.

    That said, my next purchase will be fluid deth, since I already have bedrock
    That's not exactly right.

    At anything less than 100% Vengeance, Bedrock is marginally (an increase of 0.008% mitigation over Fluid Death) better assuming it procs on CD every time, which isn't even remotely close to being accurate. At max Vengeance (which can and will happen often, even in normal modes) Fluid is better.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,378
    people actually use and spend valor points on the bedrock talisman O_o?

    READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    people actually use and spend valor points on the bedrock talisman O_o?
    Yeah, that was my initial reaction.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts