+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Haste effect on swing timer

Haste effect on swing timer

Me again sorry full of questions today

cant find anywhere the formula for Hastes effect on swing timer
    any clues?
    been all over the net but nothing as of yet

Found IT

(current swing speed) / ((haste%/100) +1)

Haste functions using the following rules...

Base Time / Net Haste Effect

For example, if you have a 3 second swing timer, and 15% haste you get the following...

3.00 / 1.15 = 2.61 Seconds

Also note that Haste Effects stack multiplicatively. For example, Heroism/Bloodlust/Time Warp grants a 30% buff to haste. If you have 15% haste from the Haste Rating on your gear, these two effects combined are...

1.15 * 1.3 = 1.495

So during Heroism/Bloodlust/Time Warp you'd have:

3.00 / 1.495 = 2.01 Seconds
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Cool thanks for the info
    ive basically been trying to work out over the period of a fight how much haste i need to hold a rotation in arms once 4.0.6 goes live and also if there is much point goin beyond this. and also how this effects the amount of swings u take during a fight and how mastery effects this

As rage generation is a constant i thought itd be pretty simple.....but it seems now its all bit more difficult than i had hoped

That's the thing that usually throws people off. They usually assume that it is:
    time x (100%-Haste%)

In actuality it is:
    time / (100%+Haste%)

This is true for swing timers, cast times, tick times, etc.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Satorri View Post
    That's the thing that usually throws people off. They usually assume that it is:
    time x (100%-Haste%)

In actuality it is:
    time / (100%+Haste%)

This is true for swing timers, cast times, tick times, etc.
    On the other hand, 10% Haste = 10% more Casts/Swings/Rage Per Second
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Quote Originally Posted by woodyman View Post
    As rage generation is a constant i thought itd be pretty simple.....but it seems now its all bit more difficult than i had hoped
    One wrench in rage generation was I never was able to find out if rage was normalized to weapon speed or weapon type (old, old, old patch notes said it was weapon speed, but I don't trust those since everything else about rage in those notes is outdated).

I did some testing with a 3.3 and 3.5 2h, and I *believe* it's normalized to weapon speed, but again I was never able to confirm this.

Also for the Arms rotation, Blood Frenzy (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=29859) still gives us a random rage gain, which I guess we can just use for HS.

It's normalized to weapon speed, so that you get more or less the same amount of rage per second with each weapon.
    Last edited by Katzazi; 01-31-2011 at 06:51 PM.

Rage normalization is basically X*weapon speed and X is the same for all weapons regardless of speed, right? (Well at least within a spec)
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

the way i have understood it after some background research is that
    Swing time * 6.5 = rage generated
    therefor a 3.6 swing speed generates 23.4 rage
    a 2.4 would generate 15.6 rage per swing but due to the faster swing time this will average out to much the same as the 3.6 over a given time

altho i think the rage generation for much faster weapons ie daggers is changed slightly to discourage there use

My other issue is nailing down and exact use of abilities over a given time as altho the arms rotation is simple enough things such as CS obviously are not used in every rotation due to there cooldown time.
    One thing that has become evident is on average rage available for each GCD Overpower is a net gain due to only 5 rage cost SLAM breaks about even and MS is a loss
    Last edited by woodyman; 02-01-2011 at 02:34 AM.

I don't think thats quite right, i (don't) remember trying out some stuff but it worked out to be ~20 for the first hit and then about 7 for each subsequent hit with a 1.8 weapon back in 4.0.1.

or something like that anyway.

Tried this last night on the dummy and *6.5 is correct
    3.6*6.5 = 23.4 + 25% rage for talent = 29.25 with the extra carryiing over into next swings

ill have to try and post up the maths from my spreadsheet soon i am currently adding anger management and other abilities that effect rage generation

+ Reply to Thread