Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: The most easy HC

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16

    The most easy HC

    Hi all

    I was wondering what HC I should do as my first? I have only been doing normal runs, but I'm beginning to find it difficult to gear up.
    I have been thinking about lost city would be the most easy to start with.
    But what do you guys and girls think?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,132
    As long as you have a decent healer Lost City is a good choice, because fights are rather long and boss hits hard - but trash is easy as long as you CC those plaguespreaders.

    Blackrock Caverns is another good choice, you can skip Steelbender if you can't manage to kite properly and Beauty if you lack CC.

    A third option is throne of tides, but you want to bring at least one reliable CC for those double healer packs and a decent interrupt. And you can skip the Erunak part, that trash before is very nasty.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    25
    When I was able to do Heroics, my first one (as a Healer) was Blackrock Caverns, if you are a tank you will want your healer to take one beam on the second boss, on the first boss try to "pressure" the dps to take out the chains, for the dragon guy, try to maintain the stacks or the healer wont keep up specially if she/he gets killed by adds, if it is your first time doing beauty, I will tell you to skip it, if you want to do it, the party will need at least 2 Beast CCs and try to kill the 3rd dog rapidly, for the last boss its mostly tank and spank, the other dps must be alive so the healer needs to be sure to keep an eye on the kiter.

    For the second one, Lost City could be a good idea if all the party knows how to avoid the mines on the first boss, and obviously the X shaped Spikes, for the second boss, try to aggro the adds, or the healer wont keep up the healing on a regular dps, specially cloth users. For the 3rd boss, try to stay away from the phoenix and the rays, let the healer know that he/she needs to cure the diseases, on the 2nd phase, kite the dark phoenix and dont let the copies stack on it or the phoenix will gain buffs, the last part is like the first one. For the last boss, if the healer is almost new on H as you, he will have a hard time to keep everyone alive, so the most important thing is to kill the adds asap, avoid green storms, the last phase is tank and spank and a lot of AOE heals.

    so:
    1) Blackrock Caverns
    2) Lost city
    3) Throne of the tides

    Once you are more experienced and with better gear:
    4) Vortex Pinnacle
    5) The stonecore

    For the last ones:
    6) Halls of origination
    7) Grim Batol
    8) Shadowfang Keep
    9) Deadmines.

    Best Regards!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/naphazw/simple
    Other Characters visit my profile

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    433
    I would personally say throne of tides is not easy for a beginner.
    first boss has to many insta-gibs if your not quick on interupts etc

    Deffo BRC as u can skip the hard bits and id say Vortex with a decent heals is pretty easy as no real insta gib

    past first boss i actually find Halls of origination easy as well but again had a very good heals

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,067
    i would honestly say sfk is one of the easier ones in terms of dmg on tanks and overall difficulty.
    -Jimmy

    |Ex Tank|

    TWITCH.TV STREAM


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    11
    SFK, VP is easy.

    SC is easy if you have a range heavy team and a tank that knows what he is doing. In fact, SC is the fastest instance compared to the rest as long you have a tank who knows what he is doing.
    Nefarian - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuYQUBHCacc
    Cho'gall - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJdZxipzeao

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    144

    Re: The most easy HC

    My vote is for SFK. With some thought-out pulls, it's really easy trash-wise. The first boss (if you even count him as a boss) is a tank&spank. The second boss can be kited to the courtyard for an easy fight. The third is red-light/green-light, which is easy. And the fourth boss is easy if the tank points him away from the group and runs behind him for his barrage. I think that's everything...

    Compared to the other heroics, I found this one to be a virtual cakewalk.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    89
    Vortex Pinnacle gets my vote for easiest, followed closely by Lost City and BRC (bosses and trash are all forgiving and fairly simple to learn). Halls or Origination, Throne of Tides, and Shadowfang Keep are in the next group (some trash and boss abilities will give some groups problems). The rest of the heroics all have tough trash and/or bosses for groups, particularly when learning the instance.

    Of course some groups may struggle in Lost City but breeze through Stonecore. All depends on your group's relative strengths and weaknesses.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    WI, USA
    Posts
    2,614
    The difficulty of any dungeon will be completely dependent upon your role and the people you run with. Anything we say may be completely irrelevant from your perspective. Which is why every person is giving you a completely different answer.

    It's meaningless to attempt to answer a question that is based off of situation and perspective, when we know neither for you.

    Just do a random.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,783
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    The difficulty of any dungeon will be completely dependent upon your role and the people you run with.
    Yes; aside from skill, the biggest factor in making a run easy or hard lies in your group's composition -- at least that is what I've found. All of the heroics have a boss or two that are noticeably harder than the others. The first boss in SFK, for example, can be a nightmare if you don't have anyone good at interrupts in your group. If you have good interrupts, it's cake.

    Personally I feel that Tol'Vir and Vortex Pinnacle are easiest -- which isn't to say there aren't spots that can mess you up a few times until you get it right.

    A group of reasonably skilled people, who have good communication, can make short work of any heroic, and shouldn't stay stuck on a particular boss for very long -- if at all -- unless you wind up with a very, very unfortunate class combination for specific instances or bosses.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    433
    Ran a BRC the other day skipping two bosses, its certainly the shortest if you do it like that :P
    we was in and out in under an hour :P

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    WI, USA
    Posts
    2,614
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyman View Post
    Ran a BRC the other day skipping two bosses, its certainly the shortest if you do it like that :P
    we was in and out in under an hour :P
    Only 2 bosses are actually required. The first to release Raz. And the last. All others can be skipped. When you're talking about skipping bosses a lot of instances have bosses which can be skipped. BRC however is not the shortest, not by a long shot, because there is a lot more trash to clear even if you ignore some of the bosses, a lot of the trash you can not as it is a relatively linear instance. Not to say it isn't an easy instance and fast to complete.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    Vortex Pinnacle gets my vote for easiest, followed closely by Lost City and BRC (bosses and trash are all forgiving and fairly simple to learn). Halls or Origination, Throne of Tides, and Shadowfang Keep are in the next group (some trash and boss abilities will give some groups problems). The rest of the heroics all have tough trash and/or bosses for groups, particularly when learning the instance.

    Of course some groups may struggle in Lost City but breeze through Stonecore. All depends on your group's relative strengths and weaknesses.
    VP has pretty annoying trash esp if you don't have enough CC. BUT if you mess up the pull and everyone's about to die... jump off the edge and get sent to the beginning of the instance! Win! (I've done that a few times...)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Latvia
    Posts
    54
    I would say Vortex Pinnacle is amont the easiest for me, not counting Altairus.
    Somehow i never been in Lost City. Should check that.

    Stonecore is ...
    never managed to finish it.
    Last edited by Marcis; 02-09-2011 at 04:01 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcis View Post
    I would say Vortex Pinnacle is amont the easiest for me, not counting Altairus.
    Somehow i never been in Lost City. Should check that.

    Stonecore is ...
    never managed to finish it.
    Stonecore requires a tank that knows how to dance properly on Ozruk, and a group that requires everyone to do everything right on the dragon. Other than that, it's easy, but the trash is very difficult if you have an undergeared tank or healer, or you don't have the proper cc for multiple humans and elementals.

    Just like someone mentioned in another forum, I judge my heroic healing ability first in heroic VP on that first boss. I believe that, if I can heal through that, I can heal through anything. After that, I head to HoO to try my hand at the first boss in there. If I can complete both of those with only 1 dps (or none hopefully) dying, then I am confident about my heroic abilities and will start randoms.

    For tanking, it's mainly just a random. When you're gearing up, you're going to want to use your cooldowns even on some trash pulls in every heroic, so it's pretty much just a way to get used to seeing the incoming damage and doing something about it. The dance on Ozruk in Stonecore is a very good test of one's tanking ability by making sure you position the boss correctly and stay out of the stuff that will even 1-shot a tank.

    For dps, random.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6
    IMHO, HC difficult depends of core, generally
    My list, sort by easy

    (simple battles - equal diffilcult)
    1) Lost city
    2) Blackrock Caverns
    3) The Stonecore

    (diffcult medium - so hard with players without attention)
    4) Throne of the tides
    5) Vortex Pinnacle
    6) Halls of origination

    (more intelligent and complex battles)
    7) Grim Batol
    8) Shadowfang Keep
    9) Deadmines

    Before nerf, these lasts one were most hard... But today are only "complex"

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Naph View Post
    When I was able to do Heroics, my first one (as a Healer) was Blackrock Caverns, if you are a tank you will want your healer to take one beam on the second boss, on the first boss try to "pressure" the dps to take out the chains, for the dragon guy, try to maintain the stacks or the healer wont keep up specially if she/he gets killed by adds, if it is your first time doing beauty, I will tell you to skip it, if you want to do it, the party will need at least 2 Beast CCs and try to kill the 3rd dog rapidly, for the last boss its mostly tank and spank, the other dps must be alive so the healer needs to be sure to keep an eye on the kiter.

    For the second one, Lost City could be a good idea if all the party knows how to avoid the mines on the first boss, and obviously the X shaped Spikes, for the second boss, try to aggro the adds, or the healer wont keep up the healing on a regular dps, specially cloth users. For the 3rd boss, try to stay away from the phoenix and the rays, let the healer know that he/she needs to cure the diseases, on the 2nd phase, kite the dark phoenix and dont let the copies stack on it or the phoenix will gain buffs, the last part is like the first one. For the last boss, if the healer is almost new on H as you, he will have a hard time to keep everyone alive, so the most important thing is to kill the adds asap, avoid green storms, the last phase is tank and spank and a lot of AOE heals.

    so:
    1) Blackrock Caverns
    2) Lost city
    3) Throne of the tides

    Once you are more experienced and with better gear:
    4) Vortex Pinnacle
    5) The stonecore

    For the last ones:
    6) Halls of origination
    7) Grim Batol
    8) Shadowfang Keep
    9) Deadmines.

    Best Regards!
    I would put Vortex Pinnacle in that first lot, trash is easy, bosses aren't too hard either.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedic View Post
    My vote is for SFK. With some thought-out pulls, it's really easy trash-wise. The first boss (if you even count him as a boss) is a tank&spank. The second boss can be kited to the courtyard for an easy fight. The third is red-light/green-light, which is easy. And the fourth boss is easy if the tank points him away from the group and runs behind him for his barrage. I think that's everything...

    Compared to the other heroics, I found this one to be a virtual cakewalk.
    must say on my pally tank (Jarrovia on EU-KUL TIRAS) SFK was quite easy (mind I did have an experienced group who did accept I was learning and pointed out where I was going right/wrong).... cannot get the hang of BRC and everytime I try Throne of Tides it seems there is a complete lack of CC!!! makes it virtually impossible....

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ft. Wayne, Indiana
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by klausi View Post
    As long as you have a decent healer Lost City is a good choice, because fights are rather long and boss hits hard - but trash is easy as long as you CC those plaguespreaders.
    If you take this route, stack up on Mastery to even out your damage intake somewhat. Dam spikes = angry healer

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts