+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Yet Another Cataclysm Arms Guide

My question about stance dancing is it really worth it? It seems like it will nearly remove Heroic Strike outside of DC, and while Heroic Strike is a lousy ability does the extra 5% dmg off your other abilities make up for it?

How much better is Arms compared to Fury DPS now?
    Is it a huge difference AOE/ST, or is it more a personal preference?

My question about stance dancing is it really worth it? It seems like it will nearly remove Heroic Strike outside of DC, and while Heroic Strike is a lousy ability does the extra 5% dmg off your other abilities make up for it?
    If you don't have Tactical Mastery, stance dancing is a bit more difficult to pull off decently, but Heroic Strike probably isn't a huge concern (though it does depend on the fight). You shouldn't have enough haste to make HS usable from anything but raid damage (which, ideally, you'll avoid anyway ).

How much better is Arms compared to Fury DPS now?
    Well, if you're going by http://stateofdps.com or SimulationCraft T12 Heroic, Fury's ahead. I'd wager that the difference is smaller with more realistic gear at this point.

Really though, it's best to stick to what you like. You're probably going to do better on a spec you enjoy more, which in all likelyhood will make up for any potential difference that may exist between the specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    you should stance dance if you want to maximize your dps. in order to pull it off, you do need to take 2/2 TM and treat your rage as effectively being capped at 75. anything over that should immediately be reduced by HS use.

Arms vs Fury...

They're both a lot of fun. Fury is really consistent, really easy to play imo. CS > BT > RB > SL. You do have to think sometimes still, like what to use when Bloodsurge didn't proc and you have the best mobility in the game. That makes for a lot of fun. I personally like having to offtank when I see a bunch of mobs heading right for the squishies lol.

Arms has fewer hits but they hit so much harder. With MS on a much longer CD than BT, you end up using more moves between each MS. This makes Arms a little more complex as you have to choose which of the two to use, twice between each MS. For simplicity it ends up with, CS > MS > OP > SL. Really the same priority, just different CD on the main spec's move. Throwdown and Bladestorm are both great, utility and AoE that I do miss when I'm Fury.

Warriors are in a great state right now I feel. We're top melee DPS atm according to stateofdps.

Anyone else notice they changed GoCS, it now puts Sunder up, not merely refresh it, rather a nice change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    Anyone else notice they changed GoCS, it now puts Sunder up, not merely refresh it, rather a nice change.
    It was like that on the PTR too, and it is definitely nice, though if you are the only one able to provide the armor debuff, it's still better to sunder twice then CS.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

I'm just glad they left it in there to refresh/stack, really helps smooth out the Arms rotation... sad that I went fury though =(

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

speaking of arms

anyone know how good arms is doing in dragon soul? i mean,i dont personally plan on doing actual dragon soul but after doing the raid finder today no doubt im probably gonna be queueing up for it with the raid finder(especially since you cant get tier without doing the raid and warrior tier looks to badass to not get)

i know according to simcraft there like bottom on dps,but from what ive heard simcraft isnt really that accurate

Simcrafts accurate, it just that not many fights have you just sitting their beating on the boss for the entire fight.... except for Zon'ozz, ok and Morchok, and Yohrsahj, and Ultraxion. Arms is fine for LFR, i did one last night with a Shaman from my guild, was second on DPS with ~30k on most fights, the shaman was up 42k, but he's a main spec DPS. Arms is more than capable of beating the minimum DPS requirements. Sweeping strikes works well on the mana void on Sahj, and his adds are ideal for balde storm.

although it does say heroic,and looking for raid is normal so maybe arms is alot better on normal then heroic

Arms is absolutely competetive with Fury right now. You just need to play well enough, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    Simcrafts accurate, it just that not many fights have you just sitting their beating on the boss for the entire fight.... except for Zon'ozz, ok and Morchok, and Yohrsahj, and Ultraxion. Arms is fine for LFR, i did one last night with a Shaman from my guild, was second on DPS with ~30k on most fights, the shaman was up 42k, but he's a main spec DPS. Arms is more than capable of beating the minimum DPS requirements. Sweeping strikes works well on the mana void on Sahj, and his adds are ideal for balde storm.
    ya,i guess maybe they updated simcraft recently because now it shows arms and fury 2h not really that far apart as far as dps goes

like it shows fury 2h 34952 and arms as 34936 so i guess maybe it wasnt updated at the time i looked at it.ya i think it got updated cuz now it shows arms as last but i dont know,ive heard people say that arms is currently better then fury because somethin happened to deep wounds and it screwed fury i guess.although now that i think about it,with what i know about arms wouldnt the 4 set tier bonus be better for arms anyway

eather way,ive played fury before and i generally perfer arms anyway.it just seems like arms is currently in pretty bad shape,but meh.i guess maybe ill just have to wait and see what arms is lookin like in raid finder cuz im only ilvl 351(and thats with pvp gear,i have like no pve gear that isnt greens lol)
    Last edited by PimpJuice4; 12-03-2011 at 05:57 PM.

im trying to understand how this happened, was Fury nerfed that hard? Or was there an Arms buff?

I love Arms but it always scaled worse as gear got better, I mean Mastery is a lame stat for Arms, Haste is even worse, and we cant get nearly as much Heroic Strikes off.

well they removed Fury's passive 5% physical damage buff from Dual wield specialization, and they also removed a bug where it turns out that Fury has been getting 40% bigger Deep Wounds via their passive skill Precision since 4.1. Apparently at present theirs another bug so Deep Wounds can't proc of Raging Blow.

So compared to last monday, fury has lost 5% of its damage and >40% its deep wounds damage.

According to some sources though Warriors are pretty close to the bottom on DPS, this true?

if there was a arms buff,apparently they must of not buffed it enough from what ive looked up

but meh,to be honest.if im topping meters in raid finder thats all im gonna care about.my warriors just a alt and ive played both fury and arms and enjoy arms alot better

i know they got buffed in pvp though

All they did was make Mortal Strike 10% healing debuff up from 5%. Which would be nice, if they didnt do the same thing to Aimed Shot and Wound Poison, so Warriors are still pretty inferior imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    According to some sources though Warriors are pretty close to the bottom on DPS, this true?
    At least in simulations. Its a lot harder to outplay the other DPS right now. I used to be able to top meters even when Warriors weren´t top-notch, but its nearly impossible now due to being behind several thousand DPS in terms of potential. Only Shadowpriests are as "bad" as Warriors atm, all othe classes have at least one spec that is at least 2.000 DPS better in theory.

Right now Warriors are behind more than 10% behind the top classes/specs, which is too much to still call it okay, imo. 3-5% is acceptable I think.

meh

i guess to me personally,if i can top meters as a arms warrior in raid finder.thats all i care about pve wise

+ Reply to Thread