+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Protection Professions

Protection Professions

I'm sure there's 3-4 professions that are all similar to tanking benefits.

However, has Cataclysm determined the two top professions for Protection Warriors?

Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting are pretty much the top option for complete flexibility.

Best for flexibility, right. But if you want to go on the stamina route, leatherworking is number one due to the missing bracer enchant - just like last expansion.

With the upcoming changes to the alchemy trinkets in the next patch they are extremly powerful and dare I say it BiS for protection warriors until future trinkets are released.

The big change being that they will no longer be Unique equiped.

You can have 2!

This is along side increased potency of flasks and also the quality of life double duration of flasks.

For the second profession.

Mining for extra Stamina would probably be the cheapest way and selling the ore may actually net you a tidy profit.

However for a bit of choice you could level Blacksmithing giving you sockets at a low skill level (Wotlk skill not Cata) these would benefit your DPS and Tank sets and would also allow you to go down the route of mastery and other stats rather than pure stam that mining would provide.

You could even skill up Mining to get mats for Blacksmithing before dropping Mining.

They will be unique equiped.

See MMOC-News

Difference to live: you can create several and store them in your stash, ie having a hybrid class and you can go with all versions (one at a time).

Cheers for that one.

I dont actually use them not having that profession on my warrior only my mage but I did miss that they were going to stay only 1 equiped at once.

That takes some of the shine off the profession however just 1 trinket alone is very powerful.

I am going to cause havok when I point out about not being able to use 2 to a fellow tank I know

Flexibilty is much more important than stamina at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by klausi View Post
    Best for flexibility, right. But if you want to go on the stamina route, leatherworking is number one due to the missing bracer enchant - just like last expansion.
    Currently Stam stacking is BAD, so LW isn't really a great option.

My tank

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting are pretty much the top option for complete flexibility.

Personally I use Mining and JC. Mining is nice because it helps overall stamina with the ability Toughness.
    And JC I use because of the EPIC "eye" cuts that are only available to JCs.
    I'm not the man hiding behind the door in fear of danger. I'm the one that knocks... -WW, BB

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Currently Stam stacking is BAD, so LW isn't really a great option.
    Don't make general statements without clarifying them Stam stacking is better then stacking mastery for learning new heroic mode encounters for my guild. And others like Method as well like it seems. The difference between 5% block/critblock and 20k hitpoints is really outstanding as long as you can stay unhittable with shieldblock up.

Just wondering. Anyone knows how come this Method tank is gearing up to have 20 expertise, but has 0 hit? I mean, the only reason to get exp as far as I see is if you need to be on interupts, but then 5-8% hit is required aswell...

For interrupting you don't need expertise, you just need hit. Because if you want to interrupt a target the target has to be casting. While casting it's not possilbe to dodge or parry. Maybe he does it for more dmg? That's all what expertise does at the moment...

+ Reply to Thread