+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior protection, need advice!

Warrior protection, need advice!

Hi there, this is my first post, and I desperately need help.
    I like PVP not hardcore , but I love battlegrounds.
    Ive been playing wow for a year now and my PVP spec war arms, maybe because Im kinda noob my results were poor. Recently (a week ago) I decided to try protection (never played prot before). I can tell you that prot is very fun, you have a lot of stuns, mobility, interrupts and silences, I dont die as much as before , of course damage is poor, but Im enjoying this new spec.
    I have a serious doubt, should I gem, enchant and reforge as a tank? you know, stamina, dodge and mastery, or would it be better to go for crit and strenght? My plan (maybe its wrong) is to be like a tank to take as much damage as possible.
    Another question, Is it adviceable to go for full PVP gear? because Im planning to get the crafted elemntium chest and girdle (as a tank).

About trinkets, Im a human so I have everyman for himself, that saves one trinket, Im planning to get one of the baradins, Im not dure the strength one or the resistance.
    That are my questions your help is welcome!
    Thanks in advance for your help

if you're gonna do prot pvp, you'll still go for offense so gem for str, gear for str/crit/resil. Yes full pvp gear is probably not a bad idea.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I Did prot PVP alot back in WOTLK and altho i have not done it much in cata i always
    Geared PVP/DPS items trinks, you have the tools of a tank ie silence and stun + the damage out put of the DPS gear ie strength crit etc
    Your pvp gear will provide your extra defense with resil so i wouldnt bother gemming or enchanting dodge or anything defensive.

i recently did blood and thunder TC in the middle of a mass of horde in tol barad followed by a well timed shockewave and a good healer behind me i caused alot of trouble :P

Warrior protection, need advice!

Gem str-red hit-blue resil-yellow and reforge to crit if your hit/expertise capped. I would use pvp gear over pve stuff.

This guy is still rocking prot....... it's a good bg spec but in arena it won't get you super high ratings.

+ Reply to Thread