+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury warrior after soft cap on hit/exp, what to do?

Fury warrior after soft cap on hit/exp, what to do?

So I'm currently at 12.55% hit and 26 expertise. Should I move my hit down to soft cap 8% and get str/crit/haste or should I keep on stacking hit? Which gives me more damage output? Thanks.

Reforging: two routes possible actually, either going for hit or crit (Flurry!)
    Gems: Strength down the road, pick up socket bonus with str/hit or str/crit

Should I reforge down the hit back to just soft cap? Is there any theorycraft on the hit/rage generation versus crit/flurry yet?

It seems 13% or so hit is about where you want to be, with a higher rate of crit. The amount of hit you'll need is going to vary based on raid and enchants.

Have a DK with Imp Icy touch or a I think it is Surv Hunter - you won't need as much hit to maintain the same approx level of rage generation (10% faster swings). Can't afford landslide, so have Hurricane on your weapons? A proc of that is almost as good as a Flurry proc I think (I tired testing it by watching wep speed and procs and it seems ~same, I think 3.8 goes to 2.78 with Fulry and 2.88 with a Hurricane proc?).

Don't ever gem/gear/reforge into haste. Hit is always going to be worth more than haste if you're choosing between them.*

(*not strictly true, after 28% haste, haste has better returns than hit for rage generation per %, so for rage generation trading 1% hit for 1% additional haste when you have at least 28% haste, will result in *slightly* better rage returns per % - but it will increase the possibility of 'dead rage zones' where you have multiple misses in a row, resulting in dead zones... and 28% is rediculously high)

So the answer for how much hit you should have is really 'depends'. It's going to depend on your raid makeup, your enchants, and your crit (Flurry uptime).
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

+ Reply to Thread