+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Soul Blade viable tanking weaping

Soul Blade viable tanking weaping

Hey i was wondering if you guys think soul blade is a viable tanking option considering it has mastery and hit which can be reforged.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=59521/soul-blade

I'm using it.

Re: Soul Blade viable tanking weaping

Downed the second hardmode with it today. Lovely little tanking sword.

Cheers!
    Skaggi

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

pick it up even if you have the mace and stick a weapon chain on it and use it for trash/5 mans/interrupt set.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

weapon chain even if i can afford windwalk?

i personally wouldnt waste windwalk on soul blade since mace off maloriak is the better boss tanking wep.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

I'm using the sword as well.

count me in as an upgraded tanking weapon over the blue stuff.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Though not as ideal as the mace off maloriak, it is still a great weapon. The only difference is parry vs. hit and I can think of a few situations where hit becomes more important than the parry.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

different pieces of gear serve different purposes and should be utilized accordingly. try not to pass up gear that are situational because more often than not sometime down the road you will find yourself in that particular situation. e.g. i vendored the blue black trinket from violet hold and later found out that i needed it for heroic anub.

Use it, it's good for a lot of fights where you may or may not be forced to interrupt.

Maloriak, AC, Omnotron.

Other fights where you need pure survivability, Chimeron, Magmaw etc, use the mace! But obviously if you have nothing better EG a Blue Weapon then yes, the decision is clear. Personally I use Soul Blade, Reforged the hit to Parry. The Mace dropped for my guild off Maloriak and I passed it to the OT. But if another one drops, I'm gonna take it and swap between the two depending on the fight.

I'm using it, just gonna put windwalk on it soon. Now if my guild ever actually downs maloriak and the mace drops they're all gonna make me roll OS on it since i have an epic tanking weapon -_-.

It's a great weapon. The only difference between it and maloriak's weapon is about 50 hit vs 50 parry after reforging.

As a guild, we had the Soul Blade drop from trash in one of our first look-see 10 man raids. I passed on it and the guild sold it for a bunch of cash... a few weeks later and I have the superior weapon from Maloriak.

It's a good weapon, but it's not best in slot. It was a worthwhile trade to wait for the better one and spend that money on guild cauldrons.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayre View Post
    It's a good weapon, but it's not best in slot.
    if you do any sort of interrupting then it's better to have soul blade than the mace on. most tank gear is situational and changes based on fights and most slots have no true "best in slot".
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by BryceE View Post
    I'm using it, just gonna put windwalk on it soon. Now if my guild ever actually downs maloriak and the mace drops they're all gonna make me roll OS on it since i have an epic tanking weapon -_-.
    then (unless your co tank is warr/ pala and has a blue weapon ) they are retarded.
    justin.tv/Belligra

Watch me play SC2 ladder and enjoy the lolz

Meh, whatever. The other tank usually changes so I went ahead and put windwalk on it. Had some people owe me favors so total gold I spent on it, 100g. Not bad for a 12k+ enchant. And plus, my guild is really casual right now. They don't want to put in the effort of gearing up and spending gold on gear to actually get in there and raid -_-. There's like 2 heals that are geared, 2 tanks (me and a bear) and like 10 melee to 1 ranged that's geared.

Maloriak mace + windwalk
    Soulblade + Landslide

Soulblade for trash, trivial bosses or phases, and if for some god awful reason you need to do interrupts on nef.
    www.blessthemartyrguild.com

if you have to do interrupts landslide isn't going to help you any. a weapon chain adds 40 hit to it which would help more.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledknight View Post
    Maloriak mace + windwalk
    Soulblade + Landslide

Soulblade for trash, trivial bosses or phases, and if for some god awful reason you need to do interrupts on nef.
    interrupt duty is to be expected if you're on 10man. Also wouldn't mendings healing threat be stronger than landslides damage (even half threat heals register for more).

+ Reply to Thread