+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The great Fury vs Arms thread for PVP

The great Fury vs Arms thread for PVP

Arms is getting changed alot, and fury has some great burst potential and has one extra tool to deal with pesky mages, Im considering changing for sure after the patch. It may even be worth changing right now, by stacking mastery for increased burst.

Im reserving this thread for us to discuss what we warriors have decided to do in pvp and what we are having luck with.

Personally i find fury to be alot more dangerous than arms if played and geared right, i find it alot easier to kill mages, being a gnome aswell ,mages just dont see it coming that i cant break so many of their roots so fast. Only problem is , its a little harder to reflect, and we take more damage, but enraged regen does heal for alot as a fury/mastery stacker. You certainly miss throw down though.

So ferals i find harder to kill as fury, same thing with dks.
    "Gnoma Brasi sleeps withs the murlocs"

/cast Recklessness
    /cast Deadly Calm
    /cast Inner Rage
    /use Bloody Gladiator's Badge of Victory

use that macro with arms right after colossus smash and then hit throwdown right after hitting the macro and pretty much 3-4 shot anyone thats 75% or less as long as they don't trinket or get heals....

edit: needs 100 rage in berserker stance to work
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Krays you're talking about duels, aren't you? PvP was never balanced around that, period.

Arms is outstanding in arena thanks to way better peels/lockdown and the picture will only slightly changes during 4.0.6. Llast build raging blow shred people into pieces, critting for almost 100k 0 resilience folks. But they're already reducing it's performance again greatly.

1) cast recklessness
    2) cast deathwish
    3) /use your 1500 str trinket
    4) CS -> BT-> RB -> BT, use HS at the same time you hit RB
    5) ???????
    6) Profit

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    /cast Recklessness
    /cast Deadly Calm
    /cast Inner Rage
    /use Bloody Gladiator's Badge of Victory

use that macro with arms right after colossus smash and then hit throwdown right after hitting the macro and pretty much 3-4 shot anyone thats 75% or less as long as they don't trinket or get heals....

edit: needs 100 rage in berserker stance to work
    Inner Rage has been redesigned. It now reduces the cooldown on Heroic Strike and Cleave by 50% (to 1.5 second) for the next 15 seconds. 1-minute cooldown. It still cannot be used during Deadly Calm.

Recklessness now increases special critical strike chance by 50%, down from 100%, but lasts the full 12 seconds instead of allowing only 3 charges.

Ya..... this macro is Dead..!

Can I assume patch 4.0.6 is released then? In either case you can still do that macro above, just remove Inner Rage.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Orc View Post
    Inner Rage has been redesigned. It now reduces the cooldown on Heroic Strike and Cleave by 50% (to 1.5 second) for the next 15 seconds. 1-minute cooldown. It still cannot be used during Deadly Calm.

Recklessness now increases special critical strike chance by 50%, down from 100%, but lasts the full 12 seconds instead of allowing only 3 charges.

Ya..... this macro is Dead..!
    works until patch 4.0.6 is released which isn't this week so yeh....macro still works.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Burst and more mobility make fury attractive but I still feel arms is the way to go.. Not having throwdown/deadly calm would be a big loss for me at least, I run mage/warrior/druid so being able to stun someone for 5+ seconds is game changing.

We will just have to wait to see 4.0.6 before we can make the final call.

the added mobility of fury makes it more attractive for rated BG's since charge and intercept share a cool down now.
    -------------------------------------
    killing faster means sleeping more - Thedom

I think if you are focusing on rated BG's fury is the way to go. I could see fury viable in 3's if you were running a double healer team.

Let's break it down:

Mobility
    If I'm reading it right, charge (for arms) and intercept (for fury) will both have a 3 second duration stun although intercept can be glyphed to 4, and these stuns are on DRs with most other stuns. Base of 25 yard range, but Charge can be glyphed to 30 yard range. Fury can still charge -> intercept but would need start out of combat and stance dance. CD on charge is 20s (19 glyphed), Intercept is 20s with skirmisher. All in all, it's pretty similar.

So the edge comes from Heroic Fury and Skirmisher's reduction on the heroic leap cd. That's a pretty big edge for Fury over Arms.

Control
    Both specs have access to hamstring and piercing howl. Arms has the option for a root and has an on demand stun. Big plus for arms.

Damage
    Perhaps a bit early to speculate on raw sustained damage (seems like fury might have the edge?) but we can look at the burst damage cooldowns: Deadly calm vs Deathwish. Big drawback with Fury (in general and specifically for deathwish) is tranq effects removing enrages. Against good opponents (of the right class makeup) that's going to be a major handicap. DW also has a 3 minute cooldown (2.4 talented) compared to 2 for DC (which fits very nicely with 'use' +str trinkets). 10 second duration on deadly calm means you need to be careful on using it not to get immediately CC'd but at least it can't be removed.

I guess a likely outcome is that arms has the edge on burst while fury might have the edge on sustained.

charge is going to be 15 sec cd again with arms and can be talented to stun 2 additional targets if they are standing nearby. considering a 15 second in-combat charge along with an on-demand knockdown and a non-dispellable major cooldown makes arms still my choice of specs if i pvp.

for rated bg's neither arms or fury beats prot....
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

OK, missed that part of the patch notes. 15s vs "25s but can reset CD every 30s" is very close. I guess as always it'll come down to what you are doing. For certain arena comps (and against certain arena comps) fury might end up pretty good, especially if the basic damage output is higher than arms. Arms has the edge on control, which is normally a much bigger deal.

I haven't tried prot in rated BGs, I've been going as arms (and doing OK). I guess that also comes down to role? Now that rated BGs are only the 10 man maps, that means 2 out of 3 are CTF and that there's a good role for 'control and survive' in the battle for gilneas...

I loved prot pvp in Wrath. Looking at it again for rated BGs now that 10 m is all the rage.

So much mobility and utility!
    -------------------------------------
    killing faster means sleeping more - Thedom

+ Reply to Thread