+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Heroic Chimaeron

- Use hand of protection/freedom combo on the tank during a massacre cast if you're sure there's a feud phase afterwards (there will always be a feud phase after a maximum of three massacre casts).
    - You should use lay on hands for another feud phase when your tanks don't have their initial boost cooldown (last stand or frenzied regenation - glyphed!! - respectively) ready.
    - Tanks using their shieldwall cooldowns either after the first hit (4 piece bonus) or second hit (no setbonus), warrior should have his shieldblock ready for every* double attack.
    - With decent dps you should only have to deal with 4 feud phases, start with your warrior taking the DA + first feud because his shieldwall (don't glyph!) will be up again for the third feud phase. Use bubble+hand of sacrifice on the 4th feud-double attack because druid's shieldwall won't be up again in time.
    - Both holy and disc priest are strong, disc offers more utility for phase 2 with shield spamming nonstop (= raid drops slower) and a second raid cooldown (in addition to your totem) but Guardian Spirit can help you survive another DA during phase 2 and spamming shield on cooldown should seal the deal as well if you topped the raid before pushing into phase 2. But for a firstkill i'd go with disc, it's just a tad stronger.
    - Use the totem during the first feud phase so it can be up again during phase 2, it's the only way (besides Guardian Spirit) to cheat death and "heal" a tank up again.
    - Give your fury warrior hand of salvation during the last massacre cast and have both tanks taunt in a row so he can dps and won't get gibbed after the first tank right away.
    - Your second tank (here: feral) should run as far away as possible (strafe, don't backpeddal!) before he actually has to tank so that Chim has to walk for quite some time while your ranged spread to the corners as well.. more movement = less hits. Your disc priest should remain in the center of the room so he can shield everyone.

* Before the first massacre Chim actually uses DA twice, afterwards he removes the second DA with his massacre casts.

I have a quick question regarding tank positioning during the Feud;

My guild is having a little trouble with the fight at the moment. I am wondering, if during feud is the tank taking DA (Double Attack) supposed to stack WITH the raid, or stand outside of it like the tank taking the melee hits from Chim?

I drew a couple picture, which scenario should we go with;

Scenario a;

Scenario b;

What is the correct way of handling the situation, during feud?

Thanks.

You can tank him in the camp for the first 10ish seconds, but that's a dps loss for all your melees (8.5% parry with soft expertise cap)... but it might be easier this way for your healers to bring you back up while chainheal, healing rain, prayer of mending, holy radiance and heals are flying around.

During the slimes i'd tank him outside of raid because he hits hard (you are then at one break stack) and the double attack + slimes might be enough to finish you off.

Since your entire raid has a 75% chance to miss debuff anyway parry means pretty much nothing. as such there is absolutely no reason for all 10/25 people not to be stacked, including the main tank and double attack tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    Since your entire raid has a 75% chance to miss debuff anyway parry means pretty much nothing.
    They don't. Not during the massacre cast and not during 14s time period afterwards until the first caustic will hit the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by klausi View Post
    During the slimes i'd tank him outside of raid because he hits hard (you are then at one break stack) and the double attack + slimes might be enough to finish you off.
    iirc, break only affects physical damage
    Worse than you.

I guess my situation is we are losing the DA tank every feud nearly. Im just unsure if the DA tank should be in the group, or out so he avoids slimes.

Players with break don't get hit by the spit anyway, so they won't be splitting any damage regardless of position.

Quote Originally Posted by konzine View Post
    I guess my situation is we are losing the DA tank every feud nearly. Im just unsure if the DA tank should be in the group, or out so he avoids slimes.
    is he using/getting cooldowns? does he have break?

Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    is he using/getting cooldowns? does he have break?
    He has no breaks during the phase. So should he be stacked?

We all just stack together.

Are you playing ten man? We don't taunt off for DA during feud and it works perfectly well.

Tanks dying before we even see phase 2

I don't blame RNG for wipes--there's got to be something going on. I am also hoping that this fight doesn't absolutely require 3 tanks or 2 real tanks and a pseudo-dps tank. We have a prot paly and prot warrior as our tanks. Prot paly pulls, takes breaks initially, warr taunts to soak DA. Feud happens, tanks swap roles, we burn CDs and such on the warrior who becomes the new break tank after feud, rinse/repeat. Problem is, tanks are dying. No amount of healing saves them from being DA with a single break stack. If system goes offline after one massacre, both tanks have break and whoever is unlucky enough to be the current tank just gets killed, then the other one almost immediately after. I don't understand how some groups just assign one tank for breaks, the other for DA and "it works perfectly." Healers are resto shaman, disc or holy priest, resto druid. Perhaps our healing CDs are just insufficient?

Don't you have a plate dps or a feral druid that can play tank for the fight?

Nope. Our raid lineup:

Prot paly
    Prot warrior
    Resto shaman
    Holy/disc priest
    Resto druid
    Shadow priest
    Mage
    Hunter
    Rogue
    Warlock

From my experience you need a melee that can taunt to take break stacks to ensure that a tank has 0 break stacks for the feud stage, a dk or a ret pala seem best (I play frost dk and do it in my guild). I guess it could work with a warrior or feral but would require stance changes to taunt and therefore a considerable dps loss (not that dps matters until p2).
    Betray // DW Frost DK // Aether - #1 Horde Guild Terenas Server // Driving tanks crazy and running healers oom since 2007! Omen is overrated!

completely wrong thread >.<
    Last edited by Loganisis; 06-23-2011 at 02:43 AM.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

I am wondering...did anyone tried to remove Break stacks with HoP? I'll only have the chance to try next Thursday most likelly, buuut, if Break is a melee ability like Sunder or even Malevolent Strikes (already tested and it does remove it, awesome for a Prot Pally with /cancelaura HoP macroed) mayybe...just maybe HoP could work on Break aswell, which in that case would mean you could do it with 1 Tank and 1 Retridin / Frost DK as tanks.

+ Reply to Thread