+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Heroic Chimaeron

@Smep: answer from here - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...aron-25-heroic

Quote Originally Posted by klausi View Post
    Later massacres are most likely all followed by a feud, so judging by your rdps, the enrage timer or the boss%hp you stop dps early or later on. You want to bring him to 21.5-22% and wait for a massacre, clump up while it's casting and use tranq/divine hymn etc right afterwards. After that's done you push him to the 20% transition w/o getting any caustics - it's always 14 seconds from massacre hit to the next wave of caustics - hit hero (he receives 10% more damage during this phase) and pop your 1200 stat potions as well.

Note: If you push him while entering a feud phase you should be aware that it takes another roughly 10s after the transition until the bot is up and running again so you might lose a tank.
    The transition to the final phase is pretty critical. The closer to fully topped that your raid group is, the longer the soft enrage timer is at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    No, it is nef who casts it. That is the way the hard modes work in BWD, nef interferes on all the fights giving them new abilities.

you must be confusing break with something else, since break is applied by all melee swings except those during double strike

Well we 2 tank it. We have 1 tank eat all the debuffs, and the other tank eats everything else.

During the would be feud phase when the Bile-O-Tron is offline, how many times does chimaeron hit? I know he does a single melee about 3 seconds after massacre, and then a double attack, but does he single hit again before the bile-o-tron comes back online?

Just curious. Is there a reason the Feud tank steps away from the group? Just don't want to take the additional damage from the poison bomb? (10man raider)

it doesn't matter, in our guild we've actually had the feud tank stand with the group as well to get the benefit of the group/aoe heals. just make sure you split back out after feud ends.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Stompyomouf View Post
    During the would be feud phase when the Bile-O-Tron is offline, how many times does chimaeron hit? I know he does a single melee about 3 seconds after massacre, and then a double attack, but does he single hit again before the bile-o-tron comes back online?
    he always gets two double attacks in on me during the system failure or offline phase. Id say ~4 normal melee attacks as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Danksz View Post
    he always gets two double attacks in on me during the system failure or offline phase. Id say ~4 normal melee attacks as well.
    Sorry but no. He gains the buff twice, but he never actually swings the second time. Every second double attack (except for the first 3 after the pull), even not during feud, if you watch the debuff he still has it while channeling massacre. That hotfix where massacre clears double attack is what truly made this fight (100-20 at least) a joke, I cannot tell you how many times pre-hotfix I would taunt during massacre and he would double right away and 1shot me and we would wipe for no reason.

On 25m HM, what cooldowns do you guys use for the double attacks? Nothing for a normal double attack but a healer CD like pain supressin and a tank cooldown for during the feud phase when bile-o-tron i offline?

You need enough hp to be above 10k hitpoints when the first attack connects so the second one don't kill you almost instantly. If you can't cover this with your regular healthpool then you'll need to pop a cooldown or better: rethink about gearing/raidcomp/-buffs for this fight.

For feud shieldwall-esque abilities is enough to cover the double attack. If it's not avaible (due to 3 minutes cooldown for all tanks besides warriors) you'll likely need external assitance if you're not into gambling

Quote Originally Posted by Straif View Post
    On 25m HM, what cooldowns do you guys use for the double attacks? Nothing for a normal double attack but a healer CD like pain supressin and a tank cooldown for during the feud phase when bile-o-tron i offline?
    Yes, while the bot is up cooldowns are not needed.

During feud I use barkskin on every single one just because it will always be up in addition to a shield wall on the first one and a pain suppress on the next 2

You need enough hp to be above 10k hitpoints when the first attack connects so the second one don't kill you almost instantly. If you can't cover this with your regular healthpool then you'll need to pop a cooldown or better: rethink about gearing/raidcomp/-buffs for this fight.

For feud shieldwall-esque abilities is enough to cover the double attack. If it's not avaible (due to 3 minutes cooldown for all tanks besides warriors) you'll likely need external assitance if you're not into gambling
    By this I hope you mean: If you are at "above 10K" the first swing will take you to 1 HP and the second will kill you. You need enough HP so that you can take the first swing and still be above 10K hp before the second one lands.

Thanks Darksend, one little follow-up question from your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    Yes, while the bot is up cooldowns are not needed.

During feud I use barkskin on every single one just because it will always be up in addition to a shield wall on the first one and a pain suppress on the next 2.
    Did you mean "shield wall" here or some other defensive CD or some other healer CD?

Quote Originally Posted by Straif View Post
    Thanks Darksend, one little follow-up question from your answer.

Did you mean "shield wall" here or some other defensive CD or some other healer CD?
    I call every 50% damage reduction shield wall no matter what class it is referring to, makes things simpler. We usually run 3 priests so I use druid shield wall + barkskin on the first, barkskin + pain sup on the second third and fourth and we usually push before the fifth so I shield wall when I have agro sup 20

Literally a 300k wipe last night... ugh.

From now on we're going to wait until massacre hits, top off raid, eat the caustics while still healing and then push the phase so that we have the bot up. Too many silly tank deaths in the first seconds of that.
    Worse than you.

Our guild is about to attempt this fight. So i wanted to get some feedback about the strat we are planning to use. Since the recent patch the bile o tron shldnt go offline twice in a row anymore. Would it be viable if we did something like this if we only use 2 tanks for the fight.

Pally tank do most of the tanking throughout. He will be stacked with 4 breaks pretty much the entire fight. During the feud phase, DK Tank will taunt. He will be running with guardian spirit, loh, guardian spirit, lichbourne heals for the first 2 secs assuming 4 feud phases.

He will tank the entire feud phase. After the first hit if he shld be able to get topped up to full with a 60k blood shield. Afterwhich he should have a stack of break on him followed by double attack where he will popped some cds. IBF, divine sac from the prot pally, IBF. Would he be able to survive the feud phases with this setup?

Just came up with this coz from what i have read, it seems he would only get 1 break debuff during feud and 1 double attack. If im seriously wrong or if theres something im missing would appreciate if someone points it out. Thanks

4 Feud phases sounds to much to me with the recent changes to the fight, even if you're running low on rdps 3 feud is all you should get.

Your DK tank will get two breaks during a feud phase and those will drop until the next feud phase, your tactic should work in theory. Depending on his gear (4 piece?) and health pool (enough to surive a DA with 2 break stacks?) he might have to pop a cooldown for all DA's after the first feud on top off exceptional external cooldown management during all feud phases. If you happen to have a dps warrior/dk/paladin it's way easier running with them as break-soaker

4 Feud phases sounds to much to me with the recent changes to the fight, even if you're running low on rdps 3 feud is all you should get.

Your DK tank will get two breaks during a feud phase and those will drop until the next feud phase, your tactic should work in theory. Depending on his gear (4 piece?) and health pool (enough to surive a DA with 2 break stacks?) he might have to pop a cooldown for all DA's after the first feud on top off exceptional external cooldown management during all feud phases. If you happen to have a dps warrior/dk/paladin it's way easier running with them as break-soaker
    Good to know it should only be 3 feud phases. Its what i thought it should be as well but just to be on the safe side. His health pool is about 205k full buffed. For CDs what i meant was 1st feud IBF, 2nd Feud Divine Sac, 3rd Feud IBF again. Good to know tht it should work in theory. haha. Thanks.

Some thoughts for those that are having trouble in the burn (Sub 20%) phase:

Be sure to have dps use aggro dumps sooner rather than later. While causing Chimaeron to run around the room trying to gib dps can be helpful, it's usually best to use them early and then use them again after all of your non damage dealers are dead.

Blatantly abuse immunity buffs and spells, as well as evasion type skills. Have your Hunters use Deterrence & keep pet growl on, Mages with Ice Block, Pallies w/ HoP/Bubble, Rogues w/ Evasion, Druids w/ Survival Instincts, etc etc. Make certain that everyone is being shielded and using as many survival cooldowns as possible when they can. Make sure all pets have growl turned on to get extra time, it's also quite helpful to have a few priests in raid for Body & Soul & Lifegrips.

Make certain that your dps don't use their potions before this phase. Having each of your 5 dps (10m) w/ an additional 1200 of their primary stat is a massive boost, especially coupled w/ heroism. It can turn a 5% wipe into a kill easily.

Remind your dps to keep their dots up towards the end, Sub 1% wipes are extremely annoying.

Also: If your tanks can avoid using their 4800 armor potion during the feud/break stacks then have them pop strength/agi potions as well. Granted, they'll likely be dead quickly, so it's not a huge deal, but every little bit counts. Also be certain that non shielding healers aren't attempting to heal at all and are simply dps'ing w/ whatever spells they have.

Our first kill .... 3 holy paladins and a resto druid ... they were the first 4 people to die in sub 20 (not counting tanks ... although 2 did die before the second tank died)

We are trying to progress on HC Chimaeron after we killed HC Halfus on 10man.
    We are using 2 tanks eating the double attacks and feud. While we have a dps tank taking the break stacks.
    However, we have had a few good attempts (to phase 2).
    But other attempts our tank pretty much get 1shotted during the feud (till first massacre after).
    The tanks do nothing different then the attempt we had chimaeron to phase 2.
    My question is if anyone knows what's going on and maybe how i can counter this?
    Our setup:
    Feral druid (tank)
    Protection warrior
    Fury warrior (taking break stacks)
    MM Hunter x2
    Shadow priest
    Arcane mage or destruction warlock
    Holy or Discipline priest
    Restoration shaman
    Holy paladin

Thanks

your tanks are using their cooldowns for feud phase right?

also the tank that is tanking chim for the feud shouldn't be stacking with everyone else if that's what you are doing.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

+ Reply to Thread