+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Prot Warrior Gearing Confusion

you don't lose shield block value though, as you gain more mastery past 72.4% you merely push more an dmore of your shield block into critical block %

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Also I hope you aren't talking about Chimaeron, a 5 second swing timer makes this fight appear scary from the damage, but not be scary because of the swing timer.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Sure on the second half.

I really hesitate to call Cata gearing anything CLOSE to WotLK gearing. The target stam minimums are (relativistically speaking) significantly lower than in WotLK.

Also: again, it's not about the tank, it's about the healers.
    Fair enough - I'm looking for parallels I understand, and ArP and multiple gear sets were two I understood.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

I don't think gearsets are going to be as important as trinket swapping.

This fight has a mechanic that I can't avoid? okay toss on my stam trinkets with avoidance cooldowns. This fight requires me to just not be hit? Okay put on my mastery/avoidance trinkets.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    Also I hope you aren't talking about Chimaeron, a 5 second swing timer makes this fight appear scary from the damage, but not be scary because of the swing timer.
    I imagine things such as electric bursts on Nefarion and deep breathes on Halfus are more his examples since Chimaeron damage isn't really supposed to be heal-able, just get the tank to 10k hp and your good. But in terms of basically all these mechanics they either 1. don't do enough damage to make you die without healer reaction or 2. don't happen often enough that you can't just cool-down these mechanics. No need for 210k hp for an electric burst when you can just pop last stand instead.
    He who is afraid to lose will never win.
    Only when the power of love overcomes the worlds love of power, will mankind know peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    I don't think gearsets are going to be as important as trinket swapping.

This fight has a mechanic that I can't avoid? okay toss on my stam trinkets with avoidance cooldowns. This fight requires me to just not be hit? Okay put on my mastery/avoidance trinkets.
    I think it's fair to extend this to consumables as well, given some options there:

steelskin flask when you need the pure health pool (big unavoidable bursts)

armor elixir + mastery elixir (mostly melee/avoidable-physical attacks inc)

...there is also the resistance elixir, which *could* be useful in extreme magic-damage situations

Also several good options for buff food now to help round out stats (mastery or parry for avoidance, hit for interrupt fights/off-tanking maybe, etc.).

I'd say you could cover a lot of the situational-set ground by swapping trinkets + consumables in general.

...course the situations could get more extreme at the next tier *shrug*.
    Last edited by Berune; 01-25-2011 at 02:25 PM. Reason: fixed a typo

I agree with that completely Berune.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

+ Reply to Thread