+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranged / Thrown weapons with Strength

Ranged / Thrown weapons with Strength

Hi folks,

my arms warrior is a relatively new lvl 85 and I'm starting to gear her up through JPs and heroics. What baffles me is the lack of choices for my ranged slot. I mean, why do Warriors have a slot for a thrown or ranged weapon when they all have agility and are obviously for Hunters?

I checked on WoWHead and the only strength-weapons I found are high-end thrown ones available with Conquest Points, as well as raid or raid-zone drops. For practically every other slot there is a viable entry-level option through crafted items or heroics drops, but in my ranged slot I currently equip the Uldum crossbow which is iLevel, what was it, 312? Something along those lines.

Am I missing something, or does anyone else find this puzzling?

There are very few options. I think this is a clear oversight by blizzards part as there are about 3 or so relics to choose from - even one with a socket from JP's.

Your best bet is the epic gun that's BoE but it's going to cost you.. Aside from that I'm not sure if it's worth going for a lower i-lvl weapon with STR or a higher i-lvl with AGI. The other stats will give you a lot of goodies (for tanks the higher i-lvl gives more stamina / mastery so they win in the end).

It may have been an oversight (they forgot to add some agi meta gems and other things that are usually there too), and I am a little sad that there is no epic crafted engineering gun this time around but in the end it's not a big deal. Get what you can, and remember that agi isn't all bad either. I can pretty safely say that for dps or tanking 346 agi guns are going to do more for you than a 312 blue str gun. There's just a lot more ratings on them, and if you're tanking don't forget that agi gives a chunk of dodge.

Thanks for the replies. Like I said I'm arms and agility does... well, nothing much at all for me. Strength is by FAR my best stat so I'm keeping the crossbow for now. It does have a little hit and expertise so it's quite good for such a low-lvl item. I just don't want my iLevel permanently dragged down by the thing.

Roarc, the epic gun hasn't turned up on my server's AH yet :-/ Maybe it'll drop in the BoT when I'm there with my Priest one day - a girl can hope, lol!

Petninja, the point about the hunter meta gems etc is a good one, and those are getting added in 4.0.6 so maybe they'll dream up a few options for Warriors' ranged/thrown slot, too! Then again, it's not all that comparable since gems are item enhancement whereas this is an actual item slot and as such rather a biggie.

There is actually one other gun that I am using currently and that is from the quests in Twighlight highlands. I believe it is hit/mastery.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Seriously? Maybe they forgot that one on Wowhead (or I'm blind). I'm doing the TH quests at the moment, for rep. Happy days

Quote Originally Posted by Roarc View Post
    Your best bet is the epic gun that's BoE but it's going to cost you..
    Easiest route is winning just three arena games and buy Vicious Gladiator's War Edge. Comes out slightly ahead of blue 346 agility ones after reforging for me and hey it's shiny purple one.

The heroic thundercall (?) was not added to the bosses loot table if that is the one you are thinking of. Thus, it doesn't exist.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

+ Reply to Thread