+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear for heroics

Gear for heroics

Hi
    I am new to 85 and wanted to know what type of gear I would need befor I could start heroics. I am a university student so I don't get that much time to play but can do about an hour a day. Below is a link to my armoury.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...redeath/simple
    To be honest I feel like I could but don't want to go in to a heroic and let people who have been waiting a long time down (dps lfd que was 25mins last time i dps'ed) by not having the gear. If I can do it with this gear (I doubt it) I can easily enchant it all but don't want to wast money on enchanting it if it not good enough.
    Thanks for any replies
    Zee

If you don't have a lot of time, than I think rep grinds will help you a lot. For instance, Wildhammer has some nice 346 items on revered and a good 359 boots on exalted. You can quest your way up and than continue with dailies which take no more than 10 to 15 minutes a day.

There are more reps that are really easy to get to revered which will give you pretty good 346 items. Try to get them. Invest a bit of time each time you log in and you'll get there. After that, you can easily do heroics.

However, do notice that most heroics take more than 1 hour to complete. This can even range up to 2 or 3 hours if you have a large heroic and / or if your group wipes a lot. Especially when gear is not really great yet. Use CC a lot in there.

As soon as you have 346 pieces, do enchant them. For the 333, maybe get some "cheaper" enchants. Befriend with an enchanter and send him your boe greenies. That way you get free enchanting material without investing time.

Hope this helps.

thanks for your help
    i an grinding rep already and i am going to enchant any blue pieces i have, the main issue with gear is that i assumed chaos orbs were boe and got the mats and recipes to make the tank chest and belt.
    so would you say i have to have majority of my gear at least blue quality with a couple of epics?

thanks again for the help
    zee

It's not absolutely essential but you'd certainly benefit from getting everything to 333 level at least. Do some normal dungeons and see if you can't replace some of the holes in your gear, and also try get some reputations up.

Consider cheap enchants like the leatherworking armor patches which give extra stamina if you don't want to put 'proper' enchants on replaceable gear. You'll probably find that some proper enchants are still going very cheap on the AH with people levelling enchanting, though.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

You can start heroics when you reach the minimum ilvl requirement for the dungeon finder. That is a good guideline. I think it was something in the line of 329 average. Do note that the ilvl in your character sheet also takes gear into account that is in your backpack. Don't fool yourself by thinking you have the minimum when it is reached by gear in your backpack.

The Chaos orbs are a bit of a problem if you are not a BS. There are 2 ways. First, you can ask a friend with the BS skill to make them for you, but you will have to grind for Chaos orbs together probably.

Second is you can ask a BS on your realm. But than you have to pay for the Chaos orbs which can be quite expensive.

Last is to buy the epics on the AH, but that would be a shame for the already collected mats since the only thing you can do with it than is sell it on the ah.
    Choice is up to you here.

+ Reply to Thread