+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Still need help

Still need help

Hey guys about a week or so ago I posted here looking for some advice, a few things have changed in the guild and I think they are going worse. So let me start by giving you a little background of my guild. It is almost two months old now so we started right before cata. The guild is about 120 or so members strong with alts and maybe half actually being 85. So we have been able to go and attempt 10 man raids for the past 3-4 weeks. The problem is that we have not downed anything, and we are barely getting into the bosses. You would think that we would be able to down some of these bosses with going at the same content together for almost a month now with multiple attempts each week. Well the kicker is I'm having a very hard time finding consistency within my players to show up. We are also not even getting full groups in right now so there is always a couple new pugs in the mix as well. The icing is that we have now lost a couple of our key players who have been showing up to most events. So right now It seems like the guild is just treading water and not progressing at all. So I need to find some advice on trying to get us to move forward and get the bosses down.

This may not be the option for you but you could try to find a guild with similar problems and form an alliance to get going, this has helped my guild in the past during the slow summer months (we are casuals)

Also you may want to talk to those that don't show or sign for raids find out if they need help getting ready or if they just don't feel like raiding if they don't you may want to recruit new people that wants to raid,

help people gear up it is always a good investment if they can contribute to the raids if you played with them in wotlk you should know if they are good players and worth helping for your benefit in keeping raids rolling.

Those that don't show you may want to replace them or recruit others for their spots so the raiders who do show up every raid wont feel unappreciated by having to stand around all night looking for a pug member to join also find people with morale sense to not just stay away when 9 other people are waiting for them to show so you can raid this will make the regular raiders feel appreciated

i hope this makes sense and helps i have no idea how your guild works so this is just from my own experiences.
    If love is an illusion to hell with reality

First things first I do appreciate a response.

I'm a bit of a paranoid guild leader, I think we all are guild leaders we all that in the very back of your mind something can happen and everything can snowball down hill. So I am hesitant to form an alliance with another guild in fear of losing quality members who could potential form good friends with this other guild's members. However I have looked into maybe doing some 25m with other guilds as a one time thing type deal.

I do have two people whose designated roles are to approach new members and get them started in the guild. They tend to find out if they are more of a pvp or pve players and take a look at their gear and I tend to pitch in on this as well. We try to the help out the members as best as possible with what we now know of them, so we can try and get them into heroics or regular dungeon groups whatever it may be. We are casual to an extent and are a new guild so our recruiting is pretty open at the moment as we are trying to build. The problem has always been in the recruiting though and playing on a low population pvp server has made it really difficult. Also going against us right now, is the fact on our server the majority of the guilds and including the top ten ones are spamming the heck out of trade and trying to steal my best members from me. (Members have told me about getting approached by certain guilds)

I'm not sure what to do, I currently have 5 members on right now on a weekend night. But with having about 100 members that have all have been on within the past 15 days, I would expect us to be have more then what we have on. So we have some serious activity issues and recruitment ones as well. I still need more help on trying to improve these issues.

I think you need to go back to the basics to start.

A guild exists for a purpose and it succeeds by having people who are interested in that purpose. You note that you have people designated to "find out" what people are interested in after they join the guild. This is a bit backward. Proven guilds decide what their goal is and then recruit those who will help them achieve that goal. If the goal is PvP domination, a guild would want to recruit those interested in PvP. If your guild's goal is casual raiding, then you want people who are interested in that.

It almost sounds like you're trying to be all things to every one. It isn't impossible to do but it isn't really feasible. I say decide on what your guild is and then recruit people interested in that. Once you get some people all on the same page, the rest starts to fall into place.
    officerchat.org - Guild leadership blog and community
    daytimeraiding.com - Definitive daytime raiding resource

The whole problem is we are lucky to get a new member who is just level 85 so we sort of take what we can get and hope they will work in somehow. Currently right now on my server there is not one guildless level 85 playing so its not easy to recruit specific people really when there isn't anyone to recruit.

Personally I like to PVE and PVP just as much as the other so I wanted to get a good mix in but the guild knows that we are main focused on raid content.

We pulled 4 people to a 10m today... is it time to disband?

What does your instinct say

I don't know your guild or how the struggle has been but if you give in now will you have more fun or will you be sad to play and remember how the guild failed at a hard time that is up to you entirely

id say talk to your guildys about it if they think it sucks maybe it is time, if they say we can fix this you should stick with them even thou its hard and taxing.

you may want to use recruitment posts on the official forums or where else possible to see if you can find raiders interested in your guild and what it stands for if you have a plan for that if your a hybrid pve pvp guild it might be worth to look at who wants to do what and maybe figure out how many decent raiders you actually have.

disbanding after one bad night well i wouldn't if it has been going on for much longer id probably talk it over with the guild and find out if that is the last of it or you can look for another guild with similar problems and maybe get absorbed in to it with the members who want to raid or the other way around absorb their raiders

with the new guild rep system leaving guilds is much harder to do so please do talk to your members if its it for you maybe assign a new gm and move on some might want to keep the guild runing as a casual pvp lvling guild and that would be fine there is a place for those guilds too i started in one and it was great fun.

i hope i make any sense with this but im never sure
    If love is an illusion to hell with reality

+ Reply to Thread