+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot Warrior gearing to tank heroics for friends - what should I focus on?

Prot Warrior gearing to tank heroics for friends - what should I focus on?

I'm running level 85 dungeons currently and and trying to gear to be a solid tank for my friends as we start to run Heroics together. I'm a casual player, and get to play once a week for our weekly dungeon runs. I don't have a ton of time to work on getting upgrades as my wife and I just had two new babies.

I know that anything that's not iLevel 333 or above needs to be upgraded, but can I get an insight into what gear to upgrade first and focus on? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to look and reply. Cheers!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nbraves/simple

Hello brainwashed. Congrats to you and your wife

Looking at your equipment I'd say that the easiest thing you can do to improve your gear is to make use of reforging. Many of your items have unneeded haste/hit/expertise which largely unneeded stats for heroics. Reforge those stats into mastery (or parry if you're unable to for the Hold the Line talent).

You'll find that you get a lot more justice points when doing heroics. If you still have sub-333 armor and you have acquired a bit of justice points, replace it with justice point equipment. I'd strongly recommend doing cataclysm dailies in order to get good quartermaster gear; it's not too difficult to get revered with any faction (if you do the quests) and exalted isn't too difficult either. You can wear the tabards that the quartermasters sell to you and if you wear one while in a dungeon, you get rep when killing things.
    Last edited by Drusain; 01-20-2011 at 12:55 PM.

Maybe it's also an idea to do some normals until you replaced a few greens. You can do much more of them in 1 evening so your gear will improve quite fast.

On the other hand, if you want the challenge or all your friends want to start on the heroics, than you can try. Expect them to be a lot more difficult. You can manage it if you CC a lot and progress slowly.

For better gear, also look at the rep rewards indeed. They are easy and good.

Re: Prot Warrior gearing to tank heroics for friends - what should I focus on?

One thing I learned really quickly was that Blizzard saying your average iLevel was good enough to get into a heroic doesn't mean you can handle what's inside.

As far as improving, I am with the avoidance/mitigation camp (I think right now it's the only camp, hehe). Mastery/Dodge/Parry the crap out of yourself. Good luck!

Is it ok If I bump this topic, saves making my own because its similar question to the guy who made this

I dont really intend on ever tanking raids, Im happy with 5 mans and I have been reforging all my gear to either mastery or parry. If an item has both mastery and parry then I wouldnt reforge it.. but I have noticed some of attacks are being dodged or parried now, including shield slams, so I have gone abit crazy and reforged to alot of expertise and some hit rating but I have a feeling I am doing wrong

I have asked a few of the well known prot warriors on my server but none like replying, I just want to know how much hit rating and expertise rating do I need to tank 5 mans.

I dont think being capped is necessary right? But having absolutely none at all isnt good either. So Id like to know what is a good number to have in both so I can tank good?

Thank you

Ah I will make another topic incase no one reads this

+ Reply to Thread