Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hit Cap for Nefairus Adds

Hit Cap for Nefairus Adds

Should Nefarious adds be treated as lvl 85 or lvl 87 mobs for the purpose of melee interrupting? Thanks.

They're level 85. I make do with 3% hit, I mean, I'd need some f'd up luck to not interrupt it.

If what you said is accurate, you gonna miss an interrupt 40% of the time over the course of a three minute phase.

On 10man it doesn't seem dangerous that we miss one cast during the phase, it's only about 15k damage. I guess if it was after a crackle that would be pretty deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by kopcap View Post
    If what you said is accurate, you gonna miss an interrupt 40% of the time over the course of a three minute phase.
    What? It's 5% hitchance that is required vs lvl 85 mobs, so go with it. With 3% hit you're missing 2 out of 100 interrupts. I only kicked 8 times on our last kill. But i can't recommend gambling.

Quote Originally Posted by gacktt View Post
    On 10man it doesn't seem dangerous that we miss one cast during the phase, it's only about 15k damage. I guess if it was after a crackle that would be pretty deadly.
    It's hitting us for roughly 35k (after resistances) and that's without the magma stacks from "beating the pillar boss". You'll most likely die from blast nova + shadow barrages hitting one player five times in a row.

Spell Hit table by target relative level can be found here:
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Spell_hit

Melee Hit table isn't exactly defined in the article but it does provide the formulas used for it. Special attacks use the single-wielding hit calculation.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Hit
    For simplicity sake...
    +0 Levels = 5%
    +1 Levels = 5.5%
    +2 Levels = 6%
    +3 Levels = 8%
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that blast nova hits for a good 40k unmitigated, it usually means death for us if even 1 goes off in 10 or 25 simply because the healer's can't afford to blow the mana.

Luckily as said the adds are only 85 so we have both our tanks hit cap at 5% in 10 man and they never go off. We actually had a couple of instances where non hitcapped DPS had misses and they led to a wipe.

The 5% hit makes dealing with the adds in P3 much easier too if you are an offtank as you should never miss them either.

Must be 40k on 25man then, when we were learning p2 my combat log shows 15k blast novas. Of course, p2 damage on 10man is so stupid finding an opportunity to crackle sometimes isn't possible.

Quote Originally Posted by gacktt View Post
    Must be 40k on 25man then, when we were learning p2 my combat log shows 15k blast novas. Of course, p2 damage on 10man is so stupid finding an opportunity to crackle sometimes isn't possible.
    Yeah we gave up on crackling in P2 and took nef from 72% to 0% in phase 3 in 10 man. I think the more likely opportunity would be to push him to 70% before he takes off and push him to 62% in the air.

Another mistake to be wary of is that the Blast Wave seems to have a 10-12 second cooldown so if you are shield bashing it there is a very slim chance that it will cast again before your cooldown is up. I learned that the hard way once and switched to pummeling.

Thanks for the info, esp about shield bash cd. I really hope its a bug because how are groups supposed to deal with it otherwise in a ten man run?

Quote Originally Posted by klausi View Post
    What? It's 5% hitchance that is required vs lvl 85 mobs, so go with it. With 3% hit you're missing 2 out of 100 interrupts. I only kicked 8 times on our last kill. But i can't recommend gambling.
    I said "over the course of a three minute fight". If you don't spend spent there that much and have backers and say only have to interrupt 8-9 of the casts, the chance to miss is still going to be very significant around the 25% mark.
    Last edited by kopcap; 01-18-2011 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightmgl View Post
    Yeah we gave up on crackling in P2 and took nef from 72% to 0% in phase 3 in 10 man. I think the more likely opportunity would be to push him to 70% before he takes off and push him to 62% in the air.

Another mistake to be wary of is that the Blast Wave seems to have a 10-12 second cooldown so if you are shield bashing it there is a very slim chance that it will cast again before your cooldown is up. I learned that the hard way once and switched to pummeling.
    yeah if you use shield block your cooldown will not catch up after 1-2 casts, good thing you can sit in battle stance and just keep pummeling.
    I really hope its a bug because how are groups supposed to deal with it otherwise in a ten man run?
    Unlikely any 10man will have interrupt problems, especially when even paladin tanks will have an interrupt next patch.

Any class besides hunters should be able to survive at least one crackling thanks to personal cooldowns, and you can give him a safeguard/sacrifice/painsup/whatever. If you have protpaladin (raidshieldwall), unholy dk (raidams) and/or disc priest (raidbubble) present you can deal with multiple crackles during phase 2 with relative ease.

I said "over the course of a three minute fight". If you don't spend spent there that much and have backers and say only have to interrupt 8-9 of the casts, the chance to miss is still going to be very significant around the 25% mark.
    No back ups and it's only up to 15 casts total over the course of 3 minutes. How you should ever be able to miss 40% (6 out of 15) of those? Chances are close to zero to pull that off with 0% hit, too.

I learned that the hard way once and switched to pummeling.
    Other advantage of pummeling at least on my platform: a caster grabs aggro and i can attack from behind, pumping shieldslam, heroic strikes and devastates during colossus smash into them.

Klausi, its not to miss 40% of 15. Its 40% to miss 1 in 15.

Which is not actually 40% because I can't subtract 3 from 5. Its 26% which is still a lot provided that even one missed nova has a high chance of wiping the group.
    Last edited by kopcap; 01-19-2011 at 06:16 AM.

So the hit cap for lvl 85 is 601 hit rating.

This is the setup I ended up with:

Steelbender's Masterpiece (fire boss in BRC), 93 hit
    Bulwark of the Primordial Mound (outside boss in HoO), 85 hit
    Slashing Thorns (nature boss in HoO), 63 hit
    Pyrium Weapon Chain, 40 hit
    Grilled Dragon, 90 hit
    Elixir of Impossible Accuracy, 225 hit

This puts you at 596 hit rating or only 4.5 points under the cap. If your lucky enough to still have your hands on the quest shield from Org to Twilight Highlands quest chain, even better.

I think that the elixir is still bugged so no bonus for the alchemists.

You could just reforge whatever current gear you're in for hit. It's nice to gear for 4% hit (which is ~5% spell hit) so your piercing howls don't miss on the adds, so adding an additional 1% to make sure you don't miss an interrupt isn't that bad. Missing kicks on 10m p2 is quite a bit more deadly on 10m than it is on 25m imo. It certainly didn't hit us for 15k (at least not on average). P2 is the hardest phase by far on 10m, whereas p3 is the tougher one on 25m. I wouldn't recommend not capping hit if you're one of the key kickers for 10m p2.

I have about 2.26% hit currently and I avoid hit on gear like the plague, reforging out of it. I use an accuracy elixir and have about 4.5% hit last time I checked. The probability of missing is so low I can ignore it at that point. I kept getting that feel of unease if I did it without the hit elixir, even though the misses are very rare.

I don't think that Piercing Howl has a CD so I don't understand why would anybody care too much whether it misses 1 in 20 or so.
    Last edited by kopcap; 01-26-2011 at 03:08 PM.

It's about the interrupt during phase 2 not a missed piercing howl. Not everyone on 10 man can bring several reliable kicker to do this on their own.

I don't think that Piercing Howl has a CD so I don't understand why would anybody care too much whether it misses 1 in 20 or so.
    It's definitely not needed, but there can be times when missing a howl on a mob or two would suck, esp when you're kiting them w/o getting hit (not much incoming rage). More of an issue on 25 than 10 tho.

3 crackles is possible in P1, the third being on the edge between P1 and 2. Have Ony die the moment the 3rd crackle is abt to happen. Our healers are able to mana regen just before the lava hits.

I do a 10 man as a Prot Warrior and am the main (and technically, only) interrupt on my platform. I use pummel. CS is also great. Post 20% executes are also good. Have to watch your rage to ensure Pummel has enough rage to be used to moment it is up.

I use a hit set for Nefarian. My hit is around 6+%. 8% would be cap I believe.
    Nefarian - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuYQUBHCacc
    Cho'gall - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJdZxipzeao