+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Armor Gear from Wrath

Armor Gear from Wrath

At what point should I get rid of the Black Heart (7056 armor) and the Ashen Verdict ring (2400 armor)?

When you pick up pieces with decent amount of
    a) mastery
    b) avoidance
    c) armor
    d) highly benefical on use/procc effects
    e) stamina

==> http://www.wowhead.com/items=4.-4?fi...0:0;ma=1#0-2+1

Ps: it's only armor proccs, not always active & present
    Last edited by klausi; 01-16-2011 at 07:42 AM.

Anything a bit more specific? Those are generalities.

Is +500 health worth more than a 2400 armor proc?

Is 3% mastery (as a DK) worth more than 7056 armor?

Things like that.

Its been said plenty of times that there are no stat weightings for tanking as such. If you really want to do a comparison you should take the armor proc and multiply it by the uptime - and even then the effective uptime you get is different per encounter.

I'm not sure if the Ashen Verdict ring was changed, but I remember the proc rate being pretty awful and using a piece of 245 gear over that ring.

From the looks of the PTR patch notes, Wrath Armor Rating gear is getting nerfed.

They are finally nerfing it to bring it in line?

At what point should you replace it? As soon as you get a better piece. Trinkets are generally a little tougher, but the rings are not. You will get greens to replace just about all of your wrath epics.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

I've been wondering when they were going to lower the armor on my heroic Unidentified Organ... It's sad that a 264 wrath epic has twice the armor of the heroic VP trinket and another trinket (think it's valor points purchased but can't exactly remember) with a nice stacking stam buff.

I stopped using it when I got my leaden despair and throngus's trinket, but the dodge one from throne of the tides (which never dropped for me) would be a decent replacement as well, and there's a sta trinket you can get from questing in twilight highlands with a use for extra mastery rating. I was very picky on my replacement pieces, though, and replaced my rings with only blue tanking rings like the Phosphorescent one from stonecore and another which I can't remember where it was from.

My prot warrior and resto shaman are the only two that I did this with, however... all of my other characters had all of their epics replaced with the first green that I got from quests so that I can start fresh and never have to worry about "what exact numbers does this item have to possess in order for it to be enough of an upgrade to replace?" Might be a good thing to think about... replacing your epics with greens also gives you the ilvl to get into the higher end regular dungeons to get the better gear.

Switching to Cata gear asap also seems to have lower repair bills then trying keep going while in your ICC epics.

+ Reply to Thread