+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Are Resto Druids broken?

Actually, everytime i watched recount i wonder why as hard as i try, druid always beats my hps. Lol, made me start a druid to check it out.
    HPS and meters don't tell the whole story, healing is typically a little more nuanced than DPS. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    Better players play better.

If I outheal Paladins and Priests as a Druid is that necessarily because Druids are too strong, or that simply I may be a stronger in skill and/or gear? A great many of class comparisons fall under the flawed perspective of player A beat player B, therefore player A's class is stronger. It may have nothing at all to do with the classes in this context, but rather the players themselves.
    Very well put quinafoi.... many times as a druid i have seen the healing meters get sabatoged as i call it lol. Most healers dont like letting druids run away with them and if you are in that kind of group then your heals will always look sub par because priests and pallys can shut out out hots by healing a target to full. then we just start dominating the OH meter even though it is not our fault. If the people you heal with stick with their assignments and let you do your job you will roffel them in heals due to being able to heal continuously throughout the whole fight. I use Power Torrent on my weapon for mana regen and it is amazing the extra intellect i get coupled with replenish and a properly timed innervate and im back to full mana if i happen to be low because something went wrong and had to pull off some massive recovery healing. Make good use of your OOC procks it is the most important thing you can do and will make a huge difference in your mana useage. I use OOC to cast HT or a Regrowth on that DPSer that may need a little something to keep him alive. Make sure your LB is always rolling on someone for the mana regen. I am looking forward to getting the 4 set for druid for the spirit when LB is up one of these days : )

Oh and If a druid is healing wrong just like any healer for that matter he will run OOM in about 15 heals.. We are the same as all other healers If you do it wrong you will be bad : ) I have seen shammy heals that run OOM in 2 seconds and i have seen equally geared shammys run with me continually heal and have no mana issues. IT ALL COMES DOWN TO WHAT YOU ARE CASTING AND WHEN!!!!!!!!!

a few things if the protocal or checklist your guild or any guild has for a healer is they show up here on the meters then run for the heals. Did people live? then the healers did thier job. If people have to cover your assingments because u can't or if you lack situational awareness while healing or other factors that determines if your bad.

As for the druid question. Personally i think that druid healing now is gimp to wotlk. I understand they wanted to change healing in general but i feel like they went in the wrong direction with druids. People still raid for them and in some fights prefer them.

My advice screw what people think (this group you were with sound a tad stupid who stands in avoidable damage if it is u know avoidable o_0 ) play what you love and learn it inside and out so you can play it well. Then find a group that respects the skill and knowledge.

Wow is quickly becoming a game (for the most part) where you can bring the player not the class. it isn't quite there but it is close. I was brought on a raid last week cause they needed a third healer and rather have me who knows what he is doing rather then a pug who may have better gear but be a complete idiot.

In the end what "people" or "the community" says usually has very little to do with reality if you understand how to play your class your way.

Down her in this state, you know the hot one
    As a Resto Druid myself, I had noticed that at times my healing felt a little "sluggish" at times. It never became a problem for me though and I have wiped on those fights in Stonecore:heroic also, but it was normally due to a broken CC or dps not interrupting like they should. I have healed battle ground raid groups a lot and no one has said anything derogitory like that normally they tell me i did really good. Since 4.2 patch came out i did notice a big change in my healing effect ( probably due to them changing the effect our mastery spec has on our healing) You shouldn't let it bother you, pug groups are hard to run with anyway, especially since you don't know the people your running withs play style.

Alot of people are moving past the original problem here, that massive AoE in the front of Stonecore. I bet every healer has that horror story of some nub tank not marking and abunch of 'zomg pewpew' dps who don't know/care to know that if you dont CC or interrupt that guy, bad things happen.

The question 'are resto druids broken' has obviously been well covered here. They are obviously not broken, as you see resto druids everywhere you look, but they are sometimes (if not often) not played well, and people's interpretation of seeing 2 or more fail resto druids in heroics might cause them to think they're broken, in the intolerant/impatient way that heroics go these days.

The same could be said about any class, are warriors broken? because they seem to pull threat and die in the first 4 seconds of any trash pull. Well no, those nub warriors are just hitting all their awesome dps cooldowns in the first second of combat and then pointing fingers at the tank from the floor "why didnt you hold threat??" You see this all over, as someone mentioned earlier, people playing bad and blaming it on someone else.

And on top of all that: some people are just stupid. I (also a resto druid) once got votekicked from a group because a Prot Paladin said "healer heal my mana full" and I said "srsly?" and boot.

Bottom line is: people are gonna be mean on the interwebs, super easy to rage from your keyboard. You just make sure your balls are on point, read your theory, play your class, and let nubs be nubs if they're gonna, as long as you're not, you're good.

Edit: found this in the next thread I looked at, to put your mind even further at ease about if resto druids are broken or not, I had me a good lawl here: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...parses-summary
    Last edited by MadMax; 07-05-2011 at 11:02 AM.

Edit: found this in the next thread I looked at, to put your mind even further at ease about if resto druids are broken or not, I had me a good lawl here: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...parses-summary
    Well, be careful with information like that.

One of the great annoyances of Resto druids is that we LOOK really good on meters on pretty much any fight. Partially because of our fast-ticking "Smart AE HoT" sniping a lot of raid damage and our healing cooldown (Tranquility) showing up on meters when no one elses' does. We're not particularly great at "saving the raid" though, which is where it can get a bit frustrating.

Healing isn't like DPS, just topping the meter doesn't always mean much.

I just got my resto druid to 80 and am enjoying the tougher content of Cata for once. My main is a wartank, and having to look at things from a different perspective is AWESOME. As for right now, I don't have mana issues, but I'm only doing regular Cata dungeons. I'm sure it'll change once I get geared enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
    Well, be careful with information like that.
    Agreed, the raw data doesn't tell the whole story. Point I was making was that resto druids are out there, doing the damn thing vs. broken and subbed out for paladins. Though i suppose you can't get that from the raw data either, just my interpretation. I'm not particularly drawing any conclusions from the numbers, just seeing resto druid on top of almost every fight makes me all tingly in my lower parts.

As for us not being great at "saving the raid", we are great at a few other things, we collectively have to play to our strengths, which is pretty much my philosophy for playing any class/role.

Healing isn't like DPS, just topping the meter doesn't always mean much.
    Also agreed, I have always said that healing is a team sport. No deaths > 'beating' the other healers on the meter, but you gotta admit... Feels good to be on top yeah? I know those silly Int stacking Paladins (before int and spellpower were the same) weren't missing any opportunities to gloat when they were leading the pack with their "bind every key to Holy Light and mash face against keyboard while screaming 'I AM L33TNESS' and win" tactics, so I'll gohead and take just a little pride that druids are smashin the meter, even if it's only by tranquility and sniping.

... and yes, I dislike Holy Paladins. Every one I ever met seems to me to think he/she is a rockstar. /end rant

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
    As a resto druid currently raiding, I don't feel underpowered at all. In fact, people still complain at me about "OP Trees" when I heal.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that our healing style changed *dramatically* and people are still coping with that.

I will say that our mechanics feel a little....clumsy.
    I have to agree with you. My main is currently a resto druid raiding in a 10 man. I find that my healing output has always either matched or passed my fellow raiders.

I've been playing a druid since the end of TBC, they have changed soooooo much since then. But I find that with the mechanics the way they are right now that it's almost as easy as healing was in wrath (there was a point where I was playing peggle through ICC to keep myself entertained, or I was tabbed out for most of the encounters and still came out on top of the healing charts).

Your fine its not your fault at all and no resto druids are amazing raid healers as usual. when people blame you like that, unless it was an easy ass fight to heal, its probably your dps standing in shit or your tank not holding aggro. just reque and say screw it

I have played a Resto druid from the day I created my Character. I have held my own and out healed paladins and others with better gear and I have been able to out heal a priest like it was nothing. This expansion has tested this and I had to make some changes in my rotation and how I evaluate things but I still am usually able to stay on top and make it a challange for others. Druid heals are FAR from being broken. Its just a matter of "Don't Panic!" let it flow.

Not to sound mean or anything but you guys realize that this thread was started at the beginning of Cata right? A lot has changed with the druid class and the game since then.

+ Reply to Thread