+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Soloing for fun and profit at level 85

Soloing for fun and profit at level 85

With the new level cap I'm wondering what people are now able to solo (eg. old school raids and heroics). I'd be interested to he what people soloed, how they did it (class/spec) and how much $$ they made.

I saw this on mmo-champion this week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk_0H_7DHgE

Seems like as a place as any to start.

WoW!!

Intersting, must have had some help getting there on the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
    I saw this on mmo-champion this week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk_0H_7DHgE

Seems like as a place as any to start.
    Nice one. If he can down Marrowgar then Deathwhisper is potentially possible. Can't see Lootship being possible though because of the mechanics.

Off-hand I only see Marrowgar, Lady Deathwhisper, and Sindy being the only bosses that can really be soloed.

All I can say is kudos, but there really isn't any point to it, other than bragging rights.

The stuff I would want to farm from ICC are stuff you can't get to solo. The shirt off of Precious and the Mount off of the LK.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    All I can say is kudos, but there really isn't any point to it, other than bragging rights.
    Can't speak for anyone else but, besides the gold that you can make from soloing stuff, I find it fun and a challenge personally. I can do it by myself if none of my friends are on.

It's a slippery slope when you start to try finding a point in playing WoW full stop if you ask me. What's the point of grinding rep with a faction for a week so that you can purchase some gear that you won't be using in a months time anyway?

Flame Leviathan 10 is an easy one. Magtheridon is another really easy one. I managed to do Hydross as a Warrior which was not quite as easy. Druids and DKs could probably get away with alot, and they still haven't caught on and nerfed the gold yet.

TBC is a goldmine though if you can duo most of the bosses with a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by swollenpickles View Post
    Can't speak for anyone else but, besides the gold that you can make from soloing stuff, I find it fun and a challenge personally. I can do it by myself if none of my friends are on.
    That's what BC heroics and Kara are for.
    Especially since I am an Enchanter so I can Disenchant everything that drops, every scrap cloth of that that isn't needed to level an Alt's First Aid or Tailoring is game to be made into more stuff to Disenchant.
    I farmed Exalted rep with all the BC dungeon reps except Keepers of Time (those instances are just so annoying, but I need to start to work on it, revered and it gives me another achievement to get it), solo on Heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightmgl View Post
    Flame Leviathan 10 is an easy one. Magtheridon is another really easy one. I managed to do Hydross as a Warrior which was not quite as easy. Druids and DKs could probably get away with alot, and they still haven't caught on and nerfed the gold yet.
    Flame Leviathan eh? I assume you drive the Demolisher? I would have expected you'd at least need a reloader. But then again FL-10 was 2 manned back in LK... (and my guild used to to FL-25 for fun with 4 or 5 people after our 10 mans).

+ Reply to Thread