+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hold the Line Maths

You may want to pop over to the website and submit an issue report with your save char. I've heard other people reporting the optimizer issue, so may be a bug to be reported there. Not sure.

The Parry vs. Dodge thing is hard to say. I think I posted some ratings amounts on the first page though. It's quite variable. The more Mastery you have the more Parry you can stack before the DR catches up to it.
    Maintainer of Rawr.ProtWarr theorycrafting tool. Feel free to PM suggestions or feature requests!

Don't want to look up bug-threads for raw, so I write it here.

I had crashes, too while optimizing. But it was because I have some enchants on my gear that rawr does not know (like mending). When I told rarw that it should only consider one fixed thing that did not affect the optimization (like any dmg-enchant) I was able to get it running. The optimizer asked me before starting what to do with the stuff it does not know (for each unknown seperatly) and it worked when I said it should be ignored. I don't remember if there was another option, but it did not work until I adjusted the available stuff in said places.

Anyway, the optimization for my char gave me a much bigger difference between dodge and parry then I thought I would get. That's probably what Kojiyama saw, too. However when done the relative stat values for dodge and parry were quite close. So it looks like it's actually doing what it should do at least for it's own model *G*.

But I see another effect. Switching between even single stamina and mastery buffs or sometimes even gems imensley changes if mastery or stamina is considered best. My healthpool probably sits more or less exactly between beeing able to survive another hit or not.

Stamina vs. Avoidance is always a tricky one, and there are a lot of different models to look at the relative value there. I generally use the optimizer to enforce a minimum buffed HP then optimize for avoidance. That seems to be the most sensible thing to do with the current content.

The relative value of avoidance vs. avoidance should be pretty non-negotiable though. (Provided there are not any glaring issues with my model! Although I'm not aware of any at the moment. *cross fingers*)

The optimizer is the best way to do this, though, just because of the ever-fluctuating value of the different avoidance stats.
    Maintainer of Rawr.ProtWarr theorycrafting tool. Feel free to PM suggestions or feature requests!

I was solely speaking about the relativ stat values you can look up. I also optimize with fixed stamina stuff. But when I'm switching around stuff manualy I see those big jumps between stamina and mastery.

Yeah, Mastery especially is going to jump around a lot. The value of that stat is all over the place. :P

Stamina shouldn't really jump around a lot, though, unless you're toggling things that have a large effect on your EH.

I probably sit at the edge between the numbers of hits I can take with my HP. But switching out one gem or deselecting food or switching between elexiers and stamina flask changes staminas relative value between about 7 and 3.5.

Sounds odd, feel free to make an issue and attach your save file. Shouldn't be jumping that dramatically for a minor change like that.

Ok. I just assumed that it's doing what it should do. I mainly used it to balance parry and doge, anyway.

+ Reply to Thread