+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Were to begin!!

Were to begin!!

Hello

My Name is Drade, I and some friends have started a small guild. A 10 man raiding guild hopefully on Khaz Modan. I have seen and read up on most everything but one thing. Where should my guild begin raiding at? We have had a very hard time with Halfus, though we just started raiding here in cata. What boss should we be working on first is there an order for raiding at all?

Any starting advice would be great.

Halfus in BoT, Magmaw and Omnitron in BD and Conclave of Wind are all considered relatively similar in difficulty.They all require similar levels of coordination too, so i'd say if you've started on Halfus stick with it.

What exactly were you struggling with?

I'd say if they are struggling with Halfus, they should practice, but not limit themselves to him. I would say attempt the other encounters to see which one your group adapts to faster or finds the mechanics easier to deal with, because its better to down bosses than frustrate your group on one boss for a whole week.

I don't know if it's druids in general but it's like my poor off tank is dieing super fast. He's dieing before one drake is taken down.

I'm tanking Halfus and bubbleing the MS debuff off. I think my off tank is dieing, only because we are having a hard time stopping the shadow nova. Our Shammy, wasn't there last night and does it most the time for us. It seems like if he's not there we can't get those.

How long is the cast between each nova? Any tips for our guys stopping those.

The time between Shadow Nova casts is fast enough that for my DKs 10 second CD interrupt, I can't do it alone. Our guild worked on trading interrupts between myself and the warrior, so that we weren't wiping to it. If you can, get two people to work on trading back and forth on the interrupts.

Not sure what is happening to your druid, but work on figuring out what damage is taking him out (lot of fireballs? ridiculous melee?). You'll be able to cut down on time and wipes if you know where the problem is (mitigation, healing, resistance or whatever it might be).

Re: Were to begin!!

Quote Originally Posted by drade View Post
    I don't know if it's druids in general but it's like my poor off tank is dieing super fast. He's dieing before one drake is taken down.

I'm tanking Halfus and bubbleing the MS debuff off. I think my off tank is dieing, only because we are having a hard time stopping the shadow nova. Our Shammy, wasn't there last night and does it most the time for us. It seems like if he's not there we can't get those.

How long is the cast between each nova? Any tips for our guys stopping those.
    What we do is free that drake first to slow down the nova then trade interrupts between the tank and a melee focused on him and cleaving(me) the drakes/whelps. Any melee can fill this slot so long as they remember to interrupt when they are supposed to. The only problems we ever ran into doing this was both the tank and I interrupted the initial nova. I was able to hit 23k dps and had 16 interrupts as arms(tanks starting doing them instead once they started swapping back and forth).

See I didn't see anything about cleaves when reading up on it or I missed it. I assume the drakes cleave to. If so would it be a good idea to have someone share them with our tanks?

WoL logs don't show any cleaves from SR, NS or OEW, and you certainly should share cleaves with your mates. I think he means that the Melee and tank on halfus put incidental AoE damage on the whelps

i beleive its about 6 seconds between each shadow nova.

the drakes do hit VERY hard, approximately 30k each per swing, my healer pointed out that ot one point my incoming DPS spiked to 22k. Your druid should be cycling his CDs, making sure Demo roar and infected wounds are up

Re: Were to begin!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    I think he means that the Melee and tank on halfus put incidental AoE damage on the whelps
    This. Sorry about that. I was the one cleaving since our OT would tank the drakes on top of Halfus(none of the drakes or Halfus cleave) allowing us to all spread damage.

Having a free(talented) interrupt that is off the GCD made it easy for me to get every other Nova. I'm also at 8% hit on the nose so never had to worry about a miss either. :-)

We got this boss down to night because of the advice we got. Thank You all.

+ Reply to Thread