+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Resto shaman pre-raid question

Resto shaman pre-raid question

Generally speaking, how much combat mana regen should I be aiming for before raids? And what is an Ideal mana pool to have. I have an average item level of 343 but before i begin doing BH i want to make sure i have everything.

It depends on a few factors, but generally if you're stacking int and spirit (every piece has spirit or at least is reforged for it) and your average item level is 343, then you should have enough mana to be fine for stuff like Baradin Hold or the first few in BWD/BoT.

A factor almost as big as gear would be Mana Tide usage and Water Shield uptime. If you're very good with those two things, then you could get by with much less gear.

Resto shaman pre-raid question

A tip for watersheild is to use power aura or a simmilar addon with a graphical and dound warning egen it wears of. Just thought id mention... The aim for regen should be that its high enough to sustain hw spam indefenatly. At youre gear lvl you probably there already.

I see, thanks for the advice. I do have healbot set to give my lil frame a special color when water shield is down then i simply use the healbot key-bind for it and it's back on.
    Gotshammit - Restoration/Enhancement Shaman; Raider of Resurrection. 4067 Restoration WoW-Heroes Score.

My adivce has always been 1900 Spirit (1742 from gear), which is the hitcap with Elemental Precision.
    On top of that, it gives a decent amount of regen to not have to worry about mana that much. Atleast that was enough for me in BWD & BoT
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

I see. ATM i do have some DPS gear, trying to replace it but I'm just not getting drops, and i switched Earthliving for Water Shield for heroics as a lot of the tanks I'm getting are very under geared thus i end up needing more mana.

thanks for the spirit number, will come in handy.
    Gotshammit - Restoration/Enhancement Shaman; Raider of Resurrection. 4067 Restoration WoW-Heroes Score.

I'ld say that if you have issues with tanks, 20% extra on ES is going to help more than 276ish mp5.
    Just make sure you always got ES up for the 15% healing done, as well as Riptide, because it helps a lot with keeping Ancestral Healing up.
    On top of that, don't be afraid to Hex or Wind Shear to prevent damage. Damage that never happens is damage you don't have to heal

I found that my most important 5man abilities are all non-heals:
    Wind Shear, Hex, Bind Elemental, Grounding Totem, Earthbind Totem, I even occasionally taunt-kited a mob while healing with Spiritwalker's. In a pinch it works!
    SQUEAK.
    --(The Death of Rats, Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)

Yup, it's one of the reason's I'm sad I can't get both instant GW & the Elemental Precision talents. Guaranteed Wind Shear & CC hits work wonders in helping to prevent damage, saving you the trouble of healing it back up!!

+ Reply to Thread