+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Perfect / Ideal Raid 10 Comp.

Perfect / Ideal Raid 10 Comp.

Well, after raiding for coming on 6 years now? Im finally going to settle down and create my own hardcore raiding guild for 10 mans, Now my main question is..

What in your opinion would be the IDEAL 10 man raiding comp.
    Myself being a feral tank so..

1.Feral Tank
    Honestly, id love to hear your opinions, Thanks for your time :]

1. The ninja AFKer.
    2. The person that calls for pizza at raid start time.
    3. The mouth breather.
    4. The routine disconnector if AoE lasts more than 2 seconds.
    5. The person that waits until their addons crash on the boss fight before updating them.
    6. The person spending the first 10 minutes of raid having consumables made, gems crafted, and enchants done.
    7. The person who manages gets to get lost running back from a wipe in a circular room.
    8. The person that gems for Spell Penetration just cause it makes them giggle.
    9. The person who forgot to train new abilities in the past five levels.
    10. The person that has the Tol Barad Searchlight, Toy Train Set, Mini-XT, Picolo... and uses them.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

This topic pops up way too often. Raid with people you want to raid with. So long as their is balance it doesn't matter too much.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    This topic pops up way too often. Raid with people you want to raid with. So long as their is balance it doesn't matter too much.
    You are so biased towards balance druids!

But I agree with you, you don't need an absolutely ideal comp especially not for 10 man.

If you really want to min/max, I guess play around with MMO Raidcomp and see what covers a lot of the buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihastail View Post
    You are so biased towards balance druids!
    I meant a balanced raid group, you know, like Paragon used on Heroic Nef... 11 druids is a balanced group.

Besides, I lead a 10 man myself right now so naturally I don't get to do what I want, I heal.

Protpala
    fotm-tank, either a second protpala or a feral for bres/additional dps while not offtanking
    Holypala
    Holypala
    Holy or DiscPriest
    Enhancer or elemental Shaman (2k hps, heroism)
    Warlock
    Warlock
    Warlock
    Warlock or Shadowpriest (2k hps)

Looks like the only way to beat certain hc encounter more or less..

Hunter looks appealing dps wise but they are to squishy and have literally no selfcooldowns/selfhealing
    Last edited by klausi; 01-14-2011 at 11:10 AM.

Klausi you forgot the melee that gets benched when a chain lightning is involved and only really has a chance at a spot if three tanks are required

In all seriousness though, take your friends and have a good time. Make sure the raid isn't skewed to one extreme (5 melee dps won't get you very far for example) or another, but yeah, you'll do better if you like your team.

There is nothing like perfect raid comp for 10man, fights are different and so best raid comp will change depending on encounter and in 10man guild you won't have enough people to suddenly stack only casters, melee or specyfic class. Best way is to have 2tanks +1 off-spec, 3healers + someone with healing off-spec (and those healers should be capeable of dps-ing/tanking too), the rest is dps.

Tanks.: Warrior & Feral

Melee.: Rogue & DK

Ranged.: Lock, Boomkin, elemental(offspec resto), Mage

Healers.: Paladin & Priest

Atleast thats how i see it.

Obviously, there is no such thing as perfect. However, if I'm forced to choose just 1 raid setup for 10 mans knowing I'll never be able to change it, without taking player skill into account, I'll choose as follows:

MT Prot Paladin (front loaded threat, can bubble off debuffs)
    OT Feral Druid, feral dps offspec (dps well when 2nd tank has nothing to do at some point during the fight)
    Healer 1 Holy Paladin (doesn't die, MT healer)
    Healer 2 Resto Shaman (Best mana cd, blood lust)
    Healer 3 Disc priest, holy offspec (various great cds and smite healing, high raid healing in holy)
    Dps 1 Moonkin druid (high aoe, spare innervate, combat ress, tranquility)
    Dps 2 Warlock (high dps, high survival, healthstones)
    Dps 3 DK, tank offspec (high dps, high survival, good kiting, ranged tanking in tank spec)
    Dps 4 Fire mage, frost offspec (high dps, high aoe, high survival, lots of aoe snares in frost)
    Dps 5 Assasination rogue (high dps/aoe, misdirect)

I'm not completely happy with paladin tank and paladin tank healer because of forbearance, but being able to bubble off debuffs is pretty valuable I think. Maybe swap the paladin tank with a warrior. Either way you get the idea.

I'm not the original poster but have a similar question and am working on setting up a 10 man raid with a group of hardcore vanilla players that are just getting back into the game.

Maybe a less specific question would be generally how many healers, tanks and dps are needed? So far we have a core group of the following who are dedicated raiders and will have 100% attendance...

Tanks:
    1. Warrior- Prot with Arms offspec
    2. Paladin- Prot with Ret offspec

DPS:
    1. DK
    2. Mage
    3. Rogue

Healers:
    1. Shaman
    2. Paly

Are 2 healers sufficient or will we need 3? Will one of these healers need to have a dps offspec for some rights? Same with the tanks, will 2 be needed for all fights or should the offtank have a core dps set for specific fights?

Thanks in advance- any advice or criticism is greatly appreciated.

in 10man you have no choice but to abuse the 2 spec possibility, therefore :

Warrior : Protection/Arms : Best tank kiter
    Death Knight : Blood/Unholy (may switch Frost if kitting is evolved)
    Druid : Balance/Restoration
    Shaman : Elemental (Best kicks eveeeer).
    Edit : This one needs an alt Priest Shadow/Holy

Hunter : MM/Survival : Can bring lots of pet for different buffs.
    Priest : Holy/Disc
    Mage : Fire/Frost
    Paladin : Holy/Protection
    Rogue : Assasination/combat
    Warlock : Destruction/Demo

With that composition, I am affirmative you can pretty much do anything.

from my experience (4HM in 10m) id say theres a lot of bosses where you can bring any reasonable setup and it will work and also a few where you will need specific classes. if you have good players with reasonably geared alts thats also a good option.

Tanks: 1Blocktank (Pala,Warri) recommended
    Healers: Priest+Pala looks very good so far
    DPS: unfortunatly 1 melee 4 ranged or even 5 ranged has a lot of advantages on most fights. good aoe dmg is required for some fights and having access to a dk for kiting purposes (alt works fine) is also very nice.

the comp weve been running with:
    tanks: warri,pala
    healer: pala,holy/diszi priest,druid
    dps: retri, fury (both offspec tank), surv hunter, fire mage, enhancer (offspec heal), 2x lock (one has geared dk alt).

There's no ideal... I prefer Pally and DK tanks... No clue why. 3 healers, and balance range and melee DPS.

1. The ninja AFKer.
    2. The person that calls for pizza at raid start time.
    3. The mouth breather.
    4. The routine disconnector if AoE lasts more than 2 seconds.
    5. The person that waits until their addons crash on the boss fight before updating them.
    6. The person spending the first 10 minutes of raid having consumables made, gems crafted, and enchants done.
    7. The person who manages gets to get lost running back from a wipe in a circular room.
    8. The person that gems for Spell Penetration just cause it makes them giggle.
    9. The person who forgot to train new abilities in the past five levels.
    10. The person that has the Tol Barad Searchlight, Toy Train Set, Mini-XT, Picolo... and uses them.
    Damn you, I'm at work and just passed Diet Coke through my nose - bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by klausi View Post
    Hunter looks appealing dps wise but they are to squishy and have literally no selfcooldowns/selfhealing
    Meh, Deterrence and for us dwarves Stoneform and if BM the Ghostcrawler pet can heal us - not like those silly little gnome warlocks that kill themselves with Hellfire.

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000 looks to have all the buffs and debuffs.

Prot pala
    Feral Druid (bear)
    Holy Pala
    Disc Priest
    Resto druid
    Retribution Paladin
    Frost Deathknight /enhancement shaman
    MM hunter / BM hunter
    Fire Mage
    Shadow Priest

And no, no shaman unless you swap the frost dk for the enhancer

Realistically, however, you will be missing some buffs and debuffs, but ten man isn't tuned with all of them being present anyway. So long as you don't end up stacking AP, phys_dmg, melee haste, ArP etc. buffs for a single melee dps you will be fine.

Paragon used this for their first 6 10man HC kills: http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000
    They 2 healed rhiolyth resto druid went boomkin and solo tanked baleroc brought in a rogue instead of the feral druid there. Personally i would bring prot warrior but i'm slightly biased

If you want to be serious about a good 10man group i would include an arcane mage for the 3% buff since ret and BM seem to lag behind a bit. Have some good aoe lock, hunter, or frost dk and fill the rest of the buffs up with the other classes. Each class brings his own advantages like rallying cry, pally raidwall and tranquility. Specially tranquility can be really good on some of the aoe softenrages.

This is a lie. You need to have certain classes or classes capable of doing certain things in a 10 man raid composition. Not to mention covering important buffs and debuffs.

My 10 man raid comp is:

1. Prot Warrior (Fury OS)
    2. Prot Paladin (Holy OS)
    3. Holy Paladin (Ret OS)
    4. Resto Druid (Feral DPS OS)
    5. Disc Priest (Shadow OS)
    6. Ret Paladin
    7. Frost DK (Blood OS)
    8. Marksman Hunter with Wolf Pet
    9. Boomkin
    10. Fire/Frost/Arcane Mage

Our set up net you all major buffs and debuffs except for Bleed Damage and Healing Reduction(I believe). When you think about ideal comps, not only do you have to think about the people you are raiding with but the utility, buffs, debuffs and capabilities that class provides as well.

It has been my experience that bringing the player and not the class will often result in low DPS benches and poor tank synergy.

Bring the player not the class, most of the classes just over lap buffs so that's kind of an irrelevant point these days. You want Hero we got shammy, mage, BM hunters; you want kings we got pallies and druids, you want Might, or Crit (the Wolf brings it), or anyother you can think of we got at least two if not three classes that bring them.

Raid comp is a lot less important than it used to be - oh and if you want bleed damage have your hunter bring a Wasp not a Wolf. Wolf, although I use one, is not the must have pet anymore.

With all the overlap, brining the player is a lot more viable.

+ Reply to Thread