Thread: Heroic: Foe Reaper 5000 HACKS

Heroic: Foe Reaper 5000 HACKS

In my group yesterday, this was the lineup:

Druid Tank (Me)
    Boomkin
    Hunter SV
    Hunter BM
    Holy Paladin

I promptly died on the Foe Reaper 5000 right after the failadin failed at moving. Boomkin was in Reaver Prototype controlling adds.

The 2 hunters finished the boss off by themselves, MD'ing the BM hunter's pet and using mend pet. The pet never dropped below 75% health, AND THE BOSS WAS AT 85% WHEN TANK/HEALS DIED.

BUT CJ, HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!

Hunter's pets can be talented to take way less AoE damage. Pretty much ALL of the Foe Reaper 5000's attacks are AoE/WW/Cleave etc. Barely touched the pet at all.

So next time you go to run H Deadmines, bring some ranged and make sure one of them is a hunter and have everyone dump aggro to pet as much as possible and avoid aoe. Breeze right through that boss.

Pets have a passive 90% AoE reduction. Have you met Bubbles, the gorilla solo tanked Marrowgar since most of his damage is AoE? Pet AoE reduction is old news. I've been tempted to try a pet tank on Argaloth to take 90% less damage from his Meteor Slash (as if that fight wasn't already easy enough).
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.