+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury vs Arms as offspec?

Fury vs Arms as offspec?

Been sporting a fury offspec for a while now, for questing and the occasional single tank raid situation.
    Like to hear your thoughts on if Arms is better for any reason. I never pvp for which (to my understanding) Arms used to be the best spec. No idea if that changed now in Cata.

I will probably change to Arms anyhow, unless there's a big noooo coming as a reply to this post.

*$

If you don't PVP, I don't see the reason to switch to arms. Fury does substantially more damage (vs. higher burst but lower overall from Arms). Unless of course you just want a change of pace (and this is what it sounds like) then go ahead.

If it's just your OS, you might wanna go arms, depending how good your gear is. For questing, arms is usually better (until the Juggernaut nerf at least). If you don't have a frost DK, combat rogue or arms warrior, you should go arms for the 4% physical damage debuff. It's not worth it if you actually have decent gear though.

My offspec gear is not good. Tank gear is at 333/346 all over (that's where all JP's go and I normally tank and roll tank gear in dungeons), dps gear lower with a couple of green 318 still.
    Right now I'm very far away from raiding as a dps, so it's just for questing.
    If Arms does a higher burst damage it would actually be better for the short fights when questing.

Thanks for input guys, I go ahead and respec.

*$

Unless you have a substantial amount of hit... Arms does = or better dps than fury. Fury is very much gear dependent. Arms takes less hit by a HUGE amount to make flow correctly. With sweeping strikes, whirlwind, and other pretties... its not bad for dungeons at all. I beat most classes in aoe situations on my arms offspec (fire mages and locks no way).

Never underestimate rend + blood and thunder + sweeping strikes + bladestorm. TY for your time

Quote Originally Posted by Solonlee View Post
    Unless you have a substantial amount of hit... Arms does = or better dps than fury. Fury is very much gear dependent. Arms takes less hit by a HUGE amount to make flow correctly. With sweeping strikes, whirlwind, and other pretties... its not bad for dungeons at all. I beat most classes in aoe situations on my arms offspec (fire mages and locks no way).

Never underestimate rend + blood and thunder + sweeping strikes + bladestorm. TY for your time
    Really depends on what you mean by substantial amount of hit. As long as you have full 333-346 gear, fury will do more DPS than arms. And yes it's not surprising that you beat most classes in AoE situations as arms burst AoE is better than fury. So yeah, assuming you're talking about heroics, it's not surprising.

After initial dummytarget testing I can report a 10% loss of dps. Could be subject of noobclicking though.
    No idea how this works in dungeons, but I'll report back if anyone's interested

*Edit: that was without glyphs, which made some difference. Still I think my major reason for not dps:ing enough is lack of practise. So my conclusion is (at least on my level of gear) that there isn't really any difference between Fury and Arms – questing and running 5-mans.
    Noticed a slight decrease in hit rating, maybe because of talents, came down from 9% to 7,5%.

*$
    Last edited by Starbuck; 01-15-2011 at 05:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread