+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Impatience of Youth for Tanking

Impatience of Youth for Tanking

Hello together,

I was wondering, if the TB trinket Impatience of youth (http://www.wowhead.com/item=62469) would be a viable multi-purpose tanking trinket.

321 Mastery is good (same as the other TB trinket) and 1605 Strength on use could be both: a major threat increase (though it shouldnīt be too important) and a small avoidance bonus, since you get 25% of your strength as parry rating.
    I know that there is a resistance use version around, but I plan to get the strength one for my arms gear anyway, so Iīd like to hear some opinions on using it as a tanking trinket.
    Last edited by Akolon; 01-12-2011 at 06:51 AM.

could be a very nice piece for a threat set IMO

If you were so inclined, you could also exploit the 2 hour refund policy to 'have both' like I did in ICC.

Na, I will get both of them anyway, itīs just a matter of time, TB ownership and beeing able to decide, whether I find daily quests or archeology more boring :X

But I think for bosses that are doing a bigger part of melee damage, Impatience should be the better choice than the resist one (canīt remember itīs name...mirror or something?^^).

Mirror of Broken Images is a fundamental piece of at least warrior tanking cooldowns nowadays since shield block won't help us versus magical damage and you just don't have last stand or shieldwall on eg every electrocute.

I have both, I bought the mirror first. It's situational, certainly, but gets used often enough to be worthwhile. The strength on use effect of the dps trinket doesn't yield very much parry, so you are really just looking at the passive mastery or threat on use. I use it for trash/heroics and for experimenting with mastery.

A tank should never have threat problems, buy the tanking trinket instead.

To echo what has all ready been said - I all ready have enough tools in my arsenal to handle physical damage (IMO). Anything that helps with magic damage is always a huge boon.

Also, I'm not sure the STR trinket is given enough credit for it's defensive value. The on-use comes out to about 2% Parry after DR - which is about .33% averaged out over the course of a fight if you use it on CD. Plus - like other on-use trinkets - it's value is increased on tank swap fights, or other fights where there are interuptions in you getting your face smashed in.
    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the software.

But I think the AGI version works out as about 4.5% dodge, after DR. (At least for prot pallies, STR gives 25% parry; AGI gives about 60% dodge).

I'll get the STR one third (after AGI and resistance), but for dps offspec and possibly prot pvp; not for tanking.

For warriors it loos like...

The AGI trinket gives ~3.9% dodge w/mark and ~6.9% crit
    The STR trinket gives ~2.9% parry and almost 3400 AP

Either would really work then, it just depends on what your dodge or parry is at... and your feelings on HtL

+ Reply to Thread