Thread: Cho'gall 1 tank video

Cho'gall 1 tank video

Hi,

Due to bad timing with RL issues we had to use 1 tank for Cho'gall on yesterdays kill. Took plenty of 1-2% wipes before we nailed it. Used 2 healer as we lacked our 3rd normal healer so we used a alt SP as Disc.

Tank POV, and not that informant, but just to show that 1 tank is a viable option if you lack dps to push into 2nd phase or simply lack a tank.

We used our frost DK as soaker for most of the debuffs by taunting at range, i had to take a few of them (timer being off on first and letting them drop from him when they stacked too high). Also a unlucky crit on him before i could grab the add that would have made the kill smoother.

/Beefjerky
    Last edited by Worgh; 01-11-2011 at 11:35 PM.

nicely done, cool to see new ways of doing bosses so early on

Yeah, fun to come up with something thats not the "normal" way of doing it. Killed him again yesterday, using the same tactic, but with moving further up the stairs before p2 so you dont get first wave of tentacles in the bigger room.

They also updated his model overnight, now his right arm is a tentacle and more spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgh View Post
    Used 2 healer as we lacked our 3rd normal healer so we used a alt SP as Disc.
    He doesn't show up on the dps meter so no atonement specc = fulltime healer. Next time try bringing 2 healers and the shadow, reducing the adds by at least one.

Quote Originally Posted by klausi View Post
    He doesn't show up on the dps meter so no atonement specc = fulltime healer. Next time try bringing 2 healers and the shadow, reducing the adds by at least one.
    What i ment was that he was severly undergeared, having 308-333 gear mosly. He was there as disc (as i said in first post if you check again) but didnt contribute as a "normal" geared one would have had.

Sorry for being an ass but you dont have to have Sacred Shield and its duration showing, if you do a decent job on the rotation and dont miss 6Crusader strike in a row you wont never loose that buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pif View Post
    Sorry for being an ass but you dont have to have Sacred Shield and its duration showing, if you do a decent job on the rotation and dont miss 6Crusader strike in a row you wont never loose that buff.
    Sorry for being an ass, but i wouldnt track Sacred Shield as Protection

Nevertheless, i like tracking Holy Shield, for the cases where i save 3hopo for a heal after a big attack or something alike, just to make sure it never drops.