+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Help

Need Help

Hello, I am the guild leader of a new raiding guild of six weeks old. We recently have been starting to try and raid these past couple weeks. In our four guild runs we have not been able to down any raid bosses. We have been focusing on ten man BoT, and it has not been working well for us, so we are going to be trying BWD now. While we where wiping over and over on BoT I soon noticed my guild lacked good players. We have a good community but I am still afraid what good members we do have will soon leave to raid with better guilds with our recent failures. I have been trying to motivate the guild members on our guild website to get more geared and read up on fights better. The problem is I know I need to bring in some strong players to help others, but I don't want to bring in random elitist because they will just end up leaving right away. We play on a low population server so new faces in the guild are hard to come by. So my question is what can I do to bring in new strong players or what can I do to make my current ones better?

It seems you are too reliant on other "strong players". Those are indeed important, but im getting the feeling that you are waiting for players to down a boss. Every team (raid) needs a leader and i would recommend you to either assign a raidleader or raidlead yourself. And with leading i mean actually taking some time to explain tacts, letting people know if they are causing any mistakes and what is wiping the raid. Check recount, check who is taking unnecessary dmg. Players need the occasional slap in the face to wake up and perform 100%.

I have done the best that I can to explain strategies to my guild members. After every wipe I will try to analyze the situation and look what needs to be done and then addressing the issue with the players, but we some how always seem to wipe. I will admit I am not the best raid leader and I do want to appoint one but I don't see anyone who can do better with in my guild. I have even made a post on my guild forums asking for people to apply for the position of raid leader who are in our guild members but no one seems to care.

Honestly to me is doesn't sound like you have any major issues you are just feeling like you do. Having members who don't quit and whine because content wasn't downed in 1 try is hard to find. If your guildies aren't stepping up to the plate there may be a reason why. When your looking at what happened just don't forget to check for successes as well. Was 1 member being able to CC things like that... Also make sure people are in roles they are happy with. You'd be surprised how often people do better in roles they feel match them but they can play anything.

Also you should have 1 healer to take on role of watching healers/dps. Healers are in the back they have a different perspective and more easily notice who is standing in what they shouldn't from the damage they are taking. If no one is truly stepping up to help and lead then you probably are where you are at because a truly "good player" would have. They may not want to lead but they would be offering advice and so on unless your not being open to it? Not accusing just throwing out possible options since were obviously not there to see.

Hey Gwindel, sounds like an understandably frustrating situation to be in. If you have the numbers to fill a 10m then recruiting may not be your answer. However, if you have JUST 10 (or maybe only 12) people, then recruiting would be the best way to inject some fresh talent into your guild. New faces also introduce healthy competition to perform (those who perform get into raids...those who don't perform don't get into raids).

As far as raid leading, be confident. If you present yourself as confident, it will act as a means of rallying your members. If you come off as unsure or timid, it won't invoke confidence in your members and they may just piddle along with anything that is explained. You haven't really noted what is causing your wipes, which is important in being able to provide advice. Are tanks dying? When? Are DPS dying? Where and where? Are you hitting enrage timers? Are you unable to get adds down?

As someone leading raids, the single greatest resource you have is reading up on the fights. There are all kinds of information all over the web explaining all of the fights in great detail. The strategies here on tank spot are some of the best. As for inspiring/encouraging your members, first assess why they are raiding. After several nights of of just wiping, how's the overall morale? You haven't really noted how people are responding to not getting bosses down. Are they frustrated? Angry? Talking of leaving?

Providing more details as to the situation will allow people to advise better
    officerchat.org - Guild leadership blog and community
    daytimeraiding.com - Definitive daytime raiding resource

So for a little update I suppose. My guild in the past week has lost some key members and gained some new ones. With losing some key players I have decided I need to bring in some new members to keep things going. The problem is I play a low population server where everyone all ready has their guild for the most part. Besides the fact of playing a low pop server. I have also recently noticed top guilds are spamming trade for new guild members, something I haven't seen them do ever really. So what can I do as a guild leader to separate my guild from these top guilds and compete with them for bringing in new members. (Several of the best guilds on the server seem to have open up the recruitment to accept nearly anything now it seems.)

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread