+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Minimum DPS for ten man raids

Minimum DPS for ten man raids

My friends and I started new guild over the holiday season and are trying to get off the ground raiding wise. It seems with some recent shifts in roles that we have tanking and healing worked out. Now we are trying to move onto the next part and work out our dps problems, and I had some questions about that.

I see the idea tossed around on the the wow forums that 10k dps OVERALL should be the minimum for any dps no matter spec and class (assuming competent specing and so forth). Is this a reasonable minimum to expect from fully heroic geared up players? Crunching the numbers on boss health and so forth it seems so, but I don't want to be unfair so here I am asking.

In case it matters we are running two tanks, three healz, and five dps.

Thanks in advance

yeah i'd say 9k for certain classes, but for the most part 10k is a good benchmark for people to be crossing as they enter out of heroic 5 man gear, some players will break the 18k mark but compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges, class to class, 10k sounds okay.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Thanks I just wanted to be sure I wasn't going to be unfair to people cause their class happens to be on the bottom of the great dps wheel and others are lucking out that their class happens to be towards the top right now. Just out of curiosity which classes would say 9k would be more fair for?

from my own experience, it seems it's mostly shadow priests, and arms warriors, but i've seen arms warriors climbing up higher, and i'm in mostly alt gear and still pulling 10k so yeah, i'd say shadow priests are probably going to be on the bottom of the pole everyone else should easily break 10k.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Bah, shadow priests are a straight liability. Arms at least buffs decent dps classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    Bah, shadow priests are a straight liability. Arms at least buffs decent dps classes.
    What? Shadow does great dps.

Well. The shadow priests dps isnt awesome, but they have high Dmg done. A subtle difference >.<.
    And besides, shadow gives haste buff.
    Shadow priests is now and will be as they always where, somewhere in the middle.-

Have an affliction warlock give a shadow priest Dark Intent and you will see an improvement... awesomest buff ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    from my own experience, it seems it's mostly shadow priests [...]
    Shadow is an awesome supporting class, managing to be almost on par with top notch dpsing classes (destruction, survival) while managing 2k+ hps. Arms on the other hand can't compete, might change with 4.0.6 but i guess it's not enough.

Looking at the regular wws rankings 10 mans just doesn't cut it at the moment because gear gaps are huge and individual skill set shows world of differences besides certain lineups/tactics favor one or the other specc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    What? Shadow Priests do decent DPS (some fights they perform horribly, others - especially mobile fights or situations where you can multi-DoT - they shine) and bring some nice raid utility (dispels, VE healing, Hymn of Hope for mana restoration, and in emergencies they can pop out and toss up a few heals especially Divine Hymn).

Uhh, does this mean that retribution paladins can do this 10k with pre-raid gear? I have not seen any with above about 7k (in heroics or on dummys). Our biggest problem are them.

retribution paladins are doing less damage than they should be, changes are on the 4.0.6 PTR to help, but that is no excuse for doing 7k.

Quote Originally Posted by Katzazi View Post
    Uhh, does this mean that retribution paladins can do this 10k with pre-raid gear?
    Friday/Saturday our third raidgroup entered the raid instances for the very first time, so no gear outside of heroics/reputation/crafts/buyable stuff and a regular 346 twohander (no Zin'Rokh or pvp weapon to boot).

Our ret was pulling off ~16k dps on Magmaw over 7 minutes, ~ 9k dps while on kickduty on Omnotron and playing carefully (running away from slimes a world too wide), ~12k dps on Atramedes on a 9 minutes fight and ~12k dps on Chimaeron over 6 minutes - all this without a heroism avaible. Other classes with similar gear might be doing slightly more dps but there's no reason to not at least pull off 10k dps on a melee friendly fight.

as Arms in mostly pvp gear im hitting 11k in heroics. I tank raids, so I can't give a good read on that.
    -------------------------------------
    killing faster means sleeping more - Thedom

Arcane mages can struggle in fights that require high mobility or that have longer durations..basically alll raid content so far.

stateofdps.com shows how each class is fairing in the new raid content. At least the top performers which is probably the best way to judge each classes potential.

Yep, and Shadow priests are fine. Still think Fury Warriors are a little low, as well as Arcane mages.

+ Reply to Thread