+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Confused on why we gem a certain way.

Confused on why we gem a certain way.

I always see: Hit to 8% > Expertise to 26 > STR > Hit to 27 > crit > haste = Mastery

My question is, after you get hit to 8 and expertise to 26, since STR is our best DPS stat why not just gem full STR?

I know hit helps generate more rage, but even with 8% I feel like I wouldn't become raged starved going through the normal rotation with careful HS use.

Also, I see people gemming 20 crit 20 hit. I'm assuming their mainly trying to increase their crit for flurry uptime. Is it still more beneficial than 20 str 20 hit, or even 40 str?

Might have something to do with the silly requirements on the chaotic metagem atm, will be fixed once 4.06 hits.

Hm. True. But somehow I doubt they would stop gemming that way. I feel like there's something I'm missing.

Are warriors just doing this to gain more rage regen? I saw an earlier post that STR from equips/gems is still better than the extra HS's you get from excess rage via hit and haste (Flurry)?

Still confused @_@

It's for the meta. Hit is good enough to the point where gemming for it and using the crit damage meta is more dps.

After the patch you're gonna be gemming str/crit in yellows, str/hit in blues and pure str in reds/prismatics.

Roger that. Thanks Symph and Bigbad.

Meta requirements are never a reason to stack a stat to a certain amount. They would just say, "Make sure you have 2 of these gems to activate your meta."

I'm pretty sure going for high hit is to make sure all white hits connect, giving you more rage to use Heroic Strike. Currently, it hits as hard, or harder than other abilities. Being able to squeeze in 3 or 4 more heroic strikes every minute is more DPS than increasing each main ability's damage by a couple hundred.

Also - the 27% mark is for Fury only. Arms has an 8% hit cap.
    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the software.

+ Reply to Thread