View Poll Results: How good is this contingency list?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Really good Keep it up!

1 6.25%
  • Pretty good needs a little work GJ though!

1 6.25%
  • Good but needs some work.

2 12.50%
  • Not the best but it works

0 0%
  • Bad Needs A Lot Of Work!

5 31.25%
  • WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING!

7 43.75%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Resto Druid my contingencies

i am at 85 and it says 2% every sec for 7 sec, and for 1 reason or another it is not changing. I reset ui and all that stuff. Think my tooltip might be bugged or something lilke that. I whould be ok after next patch.

It could also be a cache issue but damn, in the entire history of Innervate it was never 7 seconds so I have no idea how you are getting that.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

me neither could be getting mixed in with an effect from another class or something. I sure it will get fixed soon. but from what i can tell nourish more innervate more regrow less (but i will still use it some).

This thread made me giggle.

It was also rather confusing.

You should have posted a link to your armory, so people could see the talents, and the gearing that you are running with.
    Secondly, you asked for advice, then just discounted it. Why bother asking at all?

Thirdly, in your raids, what other classes run with you? Replenishment can come from a number of sources, mana tide totem is the shit(at the moment, anyway).

Are you using your OoC procs correctly? By correctly, I mean, not wasting it on a Swiftmend. This is a great time to use regrowth, as you stated, but sometimes it may be better to use Healing Touch. It will give a larger direct heal, as well as refreshing your Lifebloom, which will save you the mana cost of doing that via another LB, or a nourish. Incedentaly, is it just me, or does Nourish not use the OoC proc? Anyway..

Also, what Trinkets are you using? If they have spirit on use, are you using them properly? If they have a on use Mastery, spell power, or Intelect proc , why do you have them? (some might think a Intelect on use proc is good. Here is my thinking. Correct me if I am wrong. All the intel proc will give you is a larger mana pool, that will just look more empty and a touch more crit, which isnt even that good a stat anyway)

You mentioned that you had the right stats....what does that mean? You listed crit before haste. Does that mean you stack crit over haste? You realise that if you have enough haste, you will squeeze an extra tick into your HoTs? That is more healing, per spell, everytime you have one up. Crit just gives you a chance of doing a larger tick, ot direct heal. And, murphys law applying here, the crit may be when your target doesnt need it, resulting in overheals.

And scene!!

very nice post btw. I take what i can get when it comes to haste. Crit is something i love and would like more of, but i dont really stack it for gems. Right now i am trying to get the rain-song trinket for my healing spec. And i can never get links on sites to work unelss they have an automatic linking function for urls. I hate on use trinkets btw. i prefer on proc chance ones. Such as the book from HoO. Next on the list is that i am in leather caster gear wich 90% of wich crosses over between balance and resto at 100% conversion. All but my i want to say off hand and relic have spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by GladiatorW07f View Post
    And i can never get links on sites to work unelss they have an automatic linking function for urls.
    TankSpot both automatically parses links and also has some more user friendly link controls even in their simple quick response editor. So you can either enter in a URL in plain text and it will parse it automatically, or you can highlight text you wish to make into a link and use the link button to add one. This site is designed for a wide variety of users, not all of which are BBCode gurus.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

ok just dont scream words that would equate to forum profanities to me for some of my gear i AM main spec boomkin

I just looked at your spec, it isn't a big surprise you are going OOM. Change it and it will greatly increase the amount of time it takes before going OOM. You really want to pick up Moonglow.

I would use something more like this
    http://wowtal.com/#k=gsuaxVY1j.aei.druid.M5MjJi

Also get rid of glyph of regrowth and get the lifebloom one.

edit: I just looked at your gear, I know you are moonkin speced but what is up with your shoulder and leg enchants???? Not sure if that is the exact same gear you heal with but you are really lacking spirit on a lot of pieces. Plus enchant and gem all your gear. Don't be lazy or cheap.
    Last edited by Predakhan; 01-17-2011 at 09:35 AM.

I can't really agree with the spec Predakhan provided as it neglects Nature's Swiftness.

Here would be my recommendation for you.
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0hbhZM...uouo:oVcVobzcm

The main thing in the spec is you neglect Blessing of the Grove and Nature's Bounty. Since Nature's Bounty primarily buffs Regrowth, which is a spell we don't want to use in the first place, it is an easy one to pass on. The 4.0.6 will make it a little more desirable but hardly mandatory. Blessing of the Grove since it only benefits Rejuvenation is another low priority talent which can be traded off for talent points outside your main talent tree. This spec is the most mana efficient spec you can use right now. Later as mana becomes less of an issue you will start to sacrifice your Furor talent points and reinvest them back into Restoration, likely Nature's Bounty first. If you reach a point in efficiency where you no longer require your talent points in Moonglow you would actually drop all your points in Nature's Grace and reallocate them to Furor. This results in your current spec. That is a spec you may be likely to use in the future, but it is one you have to grow into. Right now mana is too much of a concern and you can't afford that luxury.

There are also some flaws in your Balance Spec. For starters, you took Fungal Growth. Really? That snare that you probably never use is more valuable than a flat 4% to all spell damage from Master Shapeshifter? Your balance spec should look more like this:
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0IfGdR...ZMcz:aRsRqZzcm
    Right now Glyph of Wrath and Glyph of Starsurge are basically a wash, but after 4.0.6 Wrath will sneak ahead. Your third major glyph is a situational glyph which varies depending on your situation. Two of the talent points spent in Owlkin Frenzy are the first you would shift to some other talent if needed, like if you needed to spec into Fungal Growth for a particular encounter (this isn't a talent you should be using all the time though). As much as I'd like my innervate for myself, in groups I find I have to innervate the healer more often than myself so I don't spec into Dreamstate and instead spec into Moonglow and Furor to make sure I have some personal efficiency.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 01-17-2011 at 10:07 AM.

Another tip.
    Remeber that your Balance spec converts all spirit into Hit. So any item that you use for balance, that you also use for Resto, make sure you reforge crit or mastery in to spirit, if that stat isnt on the item.
    Which also means, use the leg enchant that has spirit on it, as it will benifit you for both specs. Same with the shoulder enchant...the one you have on is a tanking enchant.

I agree with everyone else about Moonglow. 3/3 is what you want for that talent. That means you need to free up 6 points. Drop one from furor, 2 from blessing of the grove, and 2 from Natures Bounty. That is my suggestions.
    Having said that, that isnt what I would do. I am a weird Druid. I hate Nature's Swiftness, and never talent it. But it works for me, and that is all that matters =)

Yeah, you greatly neglected OoC and ToL in your "contingency list." They are pretty important to effective druid healing these days.

Being able to use lifeblooms on multiple targets in ToL makes your clearcasting procs go nuts. Free instant regrowths everywhere. Pretty much the only time a regrowth is mana viable is on a clearcasting proc.

i hat temporarily speced for pvp and have not changed that back. Thanks for the spec links. they help a lot. Also i don't hanve the life blood glyph i can never afford it and when it shows up at a price i can afford some one buys it before me and the game tells me item not found. I am a leather worker (i have +130 int on my bracers), which is why that enchant is there. It was fast cheap and better then nothing. And i am not paying 500 g just to replace the legs in a couple of days. When i get a 346 or 259 pair of pant i will get the proper chant but till then i am just using my lw chants.

I too hardly ever use regrowth, about the only time is in treeform when I have already hit the O/S button!
    (IOW things are already going badly and trying to turn it around)

But I was wondering what were the HPM numbers on Nourish + lifebloom x 3 since that is when and what you use nourish for?
    "It's always the Healer's fault; unless it's the Tanks fault, just ask the DPS'er in purples doing 5k!"

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    I can't really agree with the spec Predakhan provided as it neglects Nature's Swiftness.
    While I used to take Nature's Swiftness I find it really lacking this x-pac. Maybe if it guarenteed a crit or something it would make for a better oh crap button.

Imo it does not matter what spell you are casting..it is when you are casting it.. renew and LB on tank spam nourish and your mana bar goes pretty much nowhere.... when you proc a OOC look for a DPS or who ever needs extra health form there you make quick decisions
    tank health ok? yes regrowth a dps whos needs heals.
    tank health ok? no cast regroth continue spamming nourish till next proc of OOC regwowth already up HT them
    swift mend used mana but through efflorvessence it will help keep up melee in most cases i try not to WG unless i have to or right
    before i have to cast renew on muptiple targets to get mastery benifit.
    get creative and be a mana ninja you will be amazed at how much healing you can do without gooing oom by using the right spells.

A great deal has changed since this topic was last discussed. Please keep in mind your oppinion "now" doesn't change the validity of statements made in the past.

Thread necro.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
    On the topic of HPM:

Treecalcs has the HPM listed (for a generically geared druid) as follows:

Nourish: 4.92
    Healing Touch: 4.96
    Regrowth: 2.11

But here's the funny part. You'd expect Regrowth HPET to be way higher due to the inefficiency, but here's the HPET (Healing per execution time):

Nourish: 3962
    Healing Touch: 11999
    Regrowth: 9932

Now what the heck is going on there, eh?

Anyway, those are just grabbed from Treecalcs here at work, I didn't tweak it very much and it was a hasty grab since I'm...well, at work. But even those numbers are pretty telling.
    Reason is Healing Touch with Mastery now works pretty much the same as nourish does; but a bigger initial heal. (Although it does cost more mana so still use according to need.)
    "It's always the Healer's fault; unless it's the Tanks fault, just ask the DPS'er in purples doing 5k!"

what are you using for a weapon enchant?

Quote Originally Posted by Predakhan View Post
    While I used to take Nature's Swiftness I find it really lacking this x-pac. Maybe if it guarenteed a crit or something it would make for a better oh crap button.
    I used to not take NSwift, for the same reason, but since they took away the need to put all 3 pts into Living Seed to get Efflorescence, I have since taken one point from Living Seed and bought it. I also took another point out of Living Seed and put it into Swift Rejuvenation, which I previously didn't buy, but with the second part of the Nature's Bounty talent (when you have Rejuvenation active on 3 or more targets, the cast time of your Nourish is reduced by 30%), I find it to be semi-useful. In 10man, it's really easy to get 3 rejuv's rollin (in 1.5 sec with the reduced gcd) and then get a nice reduction on your Nourish (with haste @ about 2005 - the wildgrowth breakpoint, or so I read... - takes Nourish from about 2.1 to about 1.7). I really didn't notice a huge difference taking 2 points out of Living Seed, it always was such a tiny amount on the healing done meter anyway.

My spec is :

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0hbhZzZMfzudcruouo:

incase you were wondering why I kept 1 point in Living Seed when I just called it worthless... had to, to get to the next tier. I would gladly give it up for another point in Furor.
    Last edited by MadMax; 06-10-2011 at 12:06 PM. Reason: afterthought

Keep in mind things that you are quoting are out of context as Restoration has changed quite a bit since the start of the expansion.

At the time when that was originally posted Nature's Swiftness was different than it is now. Now Nature's Swiftness is actually extremely effective.

Make sure to look at the date on information you quote. What someone said about 4.0 doesn't necessarily apply to 4.1 or 4.2 and so on.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 06-10-2011 at 12:20 PM.

+ Reply to Thread