View Poll Results: How good is this contingency list?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Really good Keep it up!

1 6.25%
  • Pretty good needs a little work GJ though!

1 6.25%
  • Good but needs some work.

2 12.50%
  • Not the best but it works

0 0%
  • Bad Needs A Lot Of Work!

5 31.25%
  • WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING!

7 43.75%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Resto Druid my contingencies

I find this amazing that it is so difficult to get the point across. Here's some great theorycrafting.

You have mana issues.
    The people trying to help you aren't having mana issues.

You use Regrowth.
    The people trying to help you don't use Regrowth.

You want advice on not wasting your mana, you ask people who don't have mana issues. They tell you what is wrong. Why so relucant to accept advice when you yourself admit, in your original post, you have mana issues?
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

1: have you read the (onceagain) updated contingecies?
    2: explain why the current set is "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING?!"
    3: I have taken their advice...mostly. I noted it in my last post as to why i was using regrowth.
    4: READ ALL CONTEXT CLUES before making these kinds of posts and refresh to be sure changes have not been made since previous posts

I recommend that if you update the original post, you post to make note that you have done so. Nobody is going to go look at the original post every time they come back into this thread.

Also, I see absolutely no mention of you using innervate, is there a reason for this?

Also Also, I have seen no mention of what stats you are currently looking for on gear which will make a HUGE difference in how your mana holds up. The healers I know would all OOM on 3 trash pulls and boss fights when they first set foot in a heroic, once the gear level increased a bit so did the mana and regen. Now the healers I know are never OOM unless they are pushing over 10K plus HPS with no downtime for mana regen which is absolutely insane right now (btw).
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

I don't make note of innervate because i try to avoid such variables in the calculation of my mana. While i do use it, i only do so on boss fights...my IL is about 333 the "recomended" item level for healers and tanks for heroics. That will be increasing soon when i hit exalted with a few factions. Also i am a Leather worker and skinner.

1. Yes.
    2. If you keep changing your original post, it invalidates the poll results already gathered as they pretain to a prior version. As for why, because it mentions Regrowth. Even though you droped from seven references to four, it is still flawed because it still emphasizes using a spell you should avoid using at all costs. As for why I vote that way, well maybe I vote for "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING?!" because your guidelines are wrong and WE CAN'T CHANGE OUR VOTES ONCE CAST. Meanwhile you continue to change your post until it reaches a point that all feedback provided is irrelevent.
    3. Yes, and the reason you don't use Regrowth is because it is a waste of mana. Hence why you run out of mana, because you are using the least efficient heal you have too much.
    4. I read and I quote "How good is this contingency list?" for the poll topic. I read in your original post and I quote "Ok so i play a resto druid and i have been running into mana problems here is my contingencies for healing". You openly admit there are flaws with your technique "I have mana problems" but are unwilling to except feedback on why you have those problems.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Thanks for the honesty. But i count 3 instances of regrowth being mentioned, not 4. Also I have tried the new listing on instances and with the change out of those 3 instances of regrowth my mana supply lasted much longer i made is about 4 before ooming. And as the guy who posted before you said, as i get better gear my mana issues will become less prevalent. But all in all i will keep regrowth on my bar and in my healing list. It is just to quick a heal to abandon outright. If i am not top end pro raider, so be it. But i will not abandon such a useful, if costly, spell like you all say i should.

No, what I said is stats. Getting better iLvL doesn't mean jack all if it has the wrong stats for your class.

I am not that bad as to stack str or agi. It is implied that i have the correct stats on my gear. Intellect, spirit, crit, and haste. And better gear refers to what is better for spec not necessarily Ilvl...though my reply to the first post was poorly worded.

No one is saying you should remove Regrowth from your bars. I'm sure we all still have it. However, because it is so inefficient, it is avoided at all costs. It's not something you plan on using regularly, rather you plan your strategy around not needing your "emergency" heal. You're strategy shouldn't include... if this happens, OH MY GOD, if that happens, OH MY GOD. It should be calm and methodical. I said in my first post here that Regrowth is basically a panic mode heal. It isn't something you fall back on regularly.

You're strategy shouldn't include... if this happens, OH MY GOD, if that happens, OH MY GOD. It should be calm and methodical.
    What he said.

Your healing style sounds a lot like how I healed in Wrath, sort of a frenetic flinging of mana all over the place. Now it's more of a tightly controlled, steady flow of heals that I'm more concerned with. The times have changed, basically. =)

I've pretty much noticed now that if "OH MY GOD" happens someone is going to die unless they use their own heal/cooldown/avoid that situation entirely.

i got a suggestion to use my OOC to cast regrowth for free making the cost efficiency perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by GladiatorW07f View Post
    I don't make note of innervate because i try to avoid such variables in the calculation of my mana. While i do use it, i only do so on boss fights...my IL is about 333 the "recomended" item level for healers and tanks for heroics. That will be increasing soon when i hit exalted with a few factions. Also i am a Leather worker and skinner.
    Innervate is (if wowhead is accurate; I'm not a druid) a 3 minute cooldown.

An average heroic trash pull is about 1.5 - 2 minutes (I base this on how often I have to refresh my hex; usually only once).

Saving Innervate for a boss fight accomplishes what...? By the time you finish the trash pull, talk to your group about the boss fight tactics, and head into the fight and chew through a bit of your mana, it should be back up again.

If you're running OOM every 3 to 4 pulls and this is 2 to 3 innervates (not counting time between pulls), you could have 40-60% more mana to work with.

Cooldowns of less than 10 minutes should NOT be saved for "just in case the sh** hits the fan" because you will never use them. Think like a DPS and use your cooldowns every cooldown! It's really hard to do as a healer because "more as soon as I can is always better" doesn't hold, and sometimes we need to pump out more healing than other times. But for most fights, I just set my Corrupted Egg-Shell to auto-pop on me to give me a bunch of mana, and I use MTT as soon as I reasonably can... and then if the fight lasts too long or the hunter face-pulls another pack and we have a cluterf*** to deal with... *my cooldowns will be up again before the end* and I won't run dry if stuff is really, really going bad.

Well that is one more thing i am forgetting them i don't use my innervate because it is not on my main bar. I should really fix that. BUT wowhead is not accurate on the effect. Druids restore about 14% total mana off of innervate while boomkins restore about 24%.

Where do you get those numbers? Innervate is 20% baseline of total mana pool. Wowhead is actually correct in this context. There are only two things which affect Innervate's numbers.

One, the Glyph of Innervate, which if applied grants the caster 10% of their total mana pool regenerated from Innervate if they cast their Innervate on someone else (meaning they give 20% of their total mana to someone else, and 10% to themselves). This ony has effect if they cast on someone else.

Second, the Dreamstate talent in Balance alters the regeneration of Innervate when cast on yourself, increasing its effect by 15%/30% of your total mana pool. Meaning if a Balance Druid specced into Dreamstate casts Innervate on themselves, they gain 35% or 50% of their total mana pool back. This does not affect the 20% baseline if cast on someone else. This also does not interact with the Glyph of Innervate effect as the effect on yourself is not "Innervate" but "Glyph of Innervate" (a different spell).

Where on earth are you getting 14% and 24% from? I find it odd that when I look at Recount, Mana Gained for a pull that I used Innervate on, it comes out to exactly 20% of my total mana pool gained from that spell. Are you saying the COMBAT_LOG_EVENT of _ENERGIZE is actually reporting false numbers?

Where are you getting these numbers you're pulling out of nowhere?

it says on my spell too-ltip (not sure if that is getting hot patched) that it regens 2% every sec for 7 sec = 14% but i was greatly wrong on the balance druid one. And for that i apologize.

The tooltip for the buff or the tooltip for the spell directly from your spellbook? The tooltip on the buff would update to reflect how much duration remains depending on when you hover over it. Are you running any tooltip addons? It's possible the tooltip has a haste bug modifying the duration as it appears in the tooltip, however Innervate itself does not get affected by haste (also it would require something like 35% net haste effect to round to 7 seconds).
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 01-13-2011 at 12:36 PM.

that is from the tool tip right from my bar. And i have no such add-ons for tool-tip modding.

Is Innervate less effective before level cap like some spells are? Are you less than 85, Glad? My Innervate displays as 20%.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

What does the tooltip out of your spellbook say? Not off your bars, out of your book. And no, Innervate has the same effect relative to level. Since it scales with maximum mana pool and spells scale off base mana pool it is naturally balanced for varying level while progressing.

+ Reply to Thread