+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What to Stack as a tank?

What to Stack as a tank?

so i have seen a lot about DON'T stack stam. I agree 100% here.
    i have been going by

"Mastery>Parry>Stam>Dodge"

But how does Hit and Expertise factor into this?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...blurz/advanced

here is my armory, i am tanking (MT) in a progression raid guild and Some times i find myself taking way more damage than can be heal so i pop a cd like every one would. I would like to beable to save my Trinkets and My CDs for Certain Parts of a fight. Rather than OH S*** Low hp *Pops CD*

What do yo all think? i know i need 346 Trinkets and I'm working on it. What else could i change?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainz View Post

But how does Hit and Expertise factor into this?
    Unless you have seriouls threat generation problems, just disregard Hit and expr, it's better to reforge any hit /expr you can to parry/mastery so you live even longer on bossfights. The 2 threat stats are useful but as a tank you should currently focus on survival. For hit, if something needs interupting on fights, better to let DPS who are likely hitcapped do the interrupts. For expertise, parry haste exists no more on bosses so besides getting less of your attacks to land you aren't helping your survival with expertise either.
    "Yes." - Captain Obvious

Stack stam #1. Reforge to mastery if the stat isn't present.

moved to HALP.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Rainz View Post
    Some times i find myself taking way more damage than can be heal so i pop a cd like every one would. I would like to beable to save my Trinkets and My CDs for Certain Parts of a fight. Rather than OH S*** Low hp *Pops CD*
    You've reforged a lot of your Dodge into threat stats (Hit/Expertise). Is there a reason for this?
    Most tanks aren't worrying about threat at all, as Vengeance is - for lack of a better term - OP right now in raids. I've even seen some tanks reforge their threat into more mastery when available.
    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the software.

The only Tank that really needs to worry about Hit/Exp is a DK tank and it isn't for threat purposes but to ensure Death Strike lands.
    Right now as long as DPS aren't being stupid at the start of a pull, Warrior and Pally tanks can pretty much completely ignore Hit/Exp for now.
    No clue about druids.

Quote Originally Posted by gacktt View Post
    Stack mastery #1. Reforge to mastery if the stat isn't present.
    Fixed this for you. At normal progression mode there's absolutley no reason to stack stamina - ever. Get your hands on the tol barad trinket for the very needed short anti magic cooldown and you're fine.

The need of hitcap depends on your groups lineup and your offtank. If you mt everything and have no dps shaman and no second melee you'll end up on kick duty from time to time (halfus, omnitron, maloriak, list goes on). If there's a blood dk tanking with you.. let him do the kick stuff, dk with hit/expertise is a personal survival gain (due to how deathstrike works) while a warrior reforging mastery/parry/dodge away is a net lost in personal survival.

Hitcapping with your regular tanking gear is roughly equal to a 1000 avoidance rating lost of ~3-4% avoidance.

Quote Originally Posted by klausi View Post
    Fixed this for you. At normal progression mode there's absolutley no reason to stack stamina - ever. Get your hands on the tol barad trinket for the very needed short anti magic cooldown and you're fine.

The need of hitcap depends on your groups lineup and your offtank. If you mt everything and have no dps shaman and no second melee you'll end up on kick duty from time to time (halfus, omnitron, maloriak, list goes on). If there's a blood dk tanking with you.. let him do the kick stuff, dk with hit/expertise is a personal survival gain (due to how deathstrike works) while a warrior reforging mastery/parry/dodge away is a net lost in personal survival.

Hitcapping with your regular tanking gear is roughly equal to a 1000 avoidance rating lost of ~3-4% avoidance.
    Thank you, finally someone that is saying DKs need Hit/Expertise and its for survival purposes not threat.

+ Reply to Thread