+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help D:

Help D:

Hi I am an holy paladin and i am great at my job of healing. I manage my my mana well and my heals are good. My guild loves my heals and always invites me to do heroics. But according to GM she said that I am going to be eligible if i stop being AFK all the time. But I am a 14 year old teenager that has parents that are always calling for help that is the reason why i keep going afk. The last time I raided was around last summer. So any advice please?
    -Deonarinerbu

Not much you can do if your parents insist, they're kind of in charge.

You could try sitting down with your parents and saying "OK I need X amount of hours every week to raid without interruption" and then explain what hours exactly, and that 9 or 24 other people are relying on you to be there without going AFK. /shrug, it might work

Ehhh oh boy. Parents. Bane of every raider at home. I had this talk with my Mother (5 years ago lol >< ) in the end I made the trade off of doing extra chores/"family time" before raid to not be bother during raid short of major emergency. I wish you luck!

Yeah, I was in this same boat back in my first year of vanilla raiding (16 years old). Once I got a job the parents pretty much let me have my free time but before that it was a constant battle. 40-man raids you could get away with afking for extended periods of time. I still remember being on our first Onyxia attempts in Vanilla, running back from a wipe and afking to go pick up a pizza with my dad from Unos. Ate dinner, came back to the computer and we got her 3 pulls later. I don't recommend this at all but it just shows how times have changed :P.

The way I worked it out with my parents was to have some time available for raiding I would do my homework and whatever other household chores I had. I was a speech team geek and on the bowling and track teams so I had practice after school a lot of days as well. I just had to accept the fact that I had to be a part time raider and only commit to the days I knew I could have available. It was the only fair way to handle it for myself, my guild and my parents. This included only getting to farm Nozdormu rep during AQ gate opening for a couple hours (aka when the servers kept spam crashing) because my brother had just gotten into town and family time took priority. It's life and we can't always schedule things perfectly.

Ask your parents if you can schedule your chores and other obligations around have a couple hours of free time. Write a proposal to them. They'll probably be impressed by your professional and respectful approach and way less likely to say, "No way, Josť." Make sure you save time for hanging out with girls, too. Duh.

Psh girls first :x
    but yes thank you someone who came out from the open I will try your advice by the end of the week but this week i have finals and i do not want to fail so playing wow is a no no this week only for a while.
    If this advice works than yes I will pm you or come back here and edit it saying that your advice worked.

+ Reply to Thread