+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nefarian encounter micro-burst stuttering

Nefarian encounter micro-burst stuttering

Hello,

I have searched the web high and low to find out how me and my guild can overcome the stutterboss. Shortly after pushing into phase 2 of Nefarian (when the lava floor is rising), almost all of our guild members computers begin to stutter. It is not a framerate issue, but the games visual and sound will micro-pause. there are reported incidents around the web but zero conclusive results.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=51089/nef...htning-machine

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/world...397&pid=534914

We cant explain it. we all have beasts of machines, mostly running on ultra or high with over 80fps during the fight.

We have attempted to turn ALL of the graphic settings to LOW, but still does not solve the problem.

We are using Win 7 64bit, all over 6gb of ram (I know wow is a 32 bit exe and cannot allocate more than 2gb of physical mem) and have heard of something called LLA or LAA Large Address Allocation modification to the executable.

Any suggestions on how to fix this so we can have an interrupt free nef?

Thanks

Re: Nefarian encounter micro-burst stuttering

Turn your sound off. I never had the problem but some guildmates said it solved it for them.

Cheers!
    Skaggi

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Me and my guildies had the same problem. I turned on "Use Hardware" under the sound options and it fixed my problem and some of my other guildies problem. Not sure if it works for everyone though.

There seem to be a few graphical glitch problems in the game on certain boss encounters. I know my entire raid notices a hiccup when Theralion throws down the big shadow patch on the ground, it's like a 2 second visual jump where it seems to stall. I have the game running on high settings which should be fine, I could max it but I would prefer optimal frame rates at all times.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

I was getting really annoyed with the same problem yesterday.

Just to have it put down, I'm running on a
    Asus <blabla> Motherboard
    with an i7 processor (920? 940? Whatever)
    6gb of ram
    a XFX GeForce GTX285
    on Win7 64b Ultimate

Before the pull I have 60 fps (V-Sync) - as I pull Ony to the side I'm getting stuttering sounds and my fps drops to 30-40ish. This remains until Nef flies off after Ony dies, while he's in the air and the platform doesn't go into the lava yet I'm back on 60fps with normal sound, then the lava comes and we go up on the platform. As soon as the lava starts appearing I drop to 20-40fps again and have bad sounds. Sometimes it's fine during parts of p2 again, but then it just goes to hell again. I never DC during the encounter, but it's really getting annoying... choppy framerates, really wierd sounds and so on.

Not exactly sure how p3 is, we've only been there twice by now but I'll guess it should be the same as p1.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaggi View Post
    Turn your sound off.
    ^ this. Solved problems for our guildmates as well.

I would much rather have my sounds on, it helps me a lot (the sounds, not the music :P)

Does anyone with a DX11 card have this same issue? I've had my water details on "Fair" with a GTX285 (no DX11) - I put 'em down to "Low" now as I read somewhere it could be related, but haven't been on the encounter again since.

Then again, DX11 shouldn't be enabled or bother me unless you add the DX11 tag so that might be bollocks

I believe, and this is from my own observations, that it's the skeletons that causes the problems. I've had it stutter in phase 1 once or twice when they've all been active and non-CC:ed. And the stutter doesn't seem to start until they become active again in phase 3, and it increases for each skeleton that gets ressed (or increases based on their stacks?).

I hate playing without in game sound, but Ctrl-S really is your friend in the last phase.

We finally got Nef down yesterday - and putting my Liquid Details to low made it go away for me.
    Before putting it to low I was droping from 60 fps to 20-40 fps in combat and have stuttering sound, after having it on low I was keeping a steady 40-60 fps for most of the part (I was frapsing so it's kinda hard to tell :P but I was on 20-30fps during frapsing - and mind you, I wasn't frapsing on any attempts before yesterday)

So, if you haven't tried it yet, put your Liquid Detail to Low - at least for this encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcuse View Post
    So, if you haven't tried it yet, put your Liquid Detail to Low - at least for this encounter.
    I had it on low all the time and it didn't help.
    Hardware sound didn't help either.

Turn your settings down a tick if you can't get it to run properly, even if it is for one boss. You can still adjust other settings if you need them turned up as well. Projected Textures is a big one, it's important to see stuff on the ground, but these new animations are much more robust in design in contrast to the old ones in Wrath. Like Defile was a pretty lame looking void zone to be honest, it just looked like a black pool of water to me on high settings and really had no true unique animation to it while the big shadow patches on Valiona and Theralion or the cloud animations on the adds for Nefarian can really hinder video performance.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

+ Reply to Thread